increasing gm$ reward for conscientious hunters

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
ripsix

increasing gm$ reward for conscientious hunters

Post by ripsix »

Idea would be for each species, the gm$ reward you get for kills goes up for each kill you confirm, and resets for each animal you leave wounded, up to a max amount.

This would incentivize people to hunt down wounded animals, if they think they extra 5-50% gm$ bonus for that species is worth it. Not game changing, but still an incentive.
trulight
Scout

Re: increasing gm$ reward for conscientious hunters

Post by trulight »

Not a bad idea, but big no from me, as with some of the weapon power/penetration issues, if i see "body" shot on an animal that clearly something vital should of been hit, no thanks it can run away.
ripsix

Post by ripsix »

Landing body shots is fine, it's if you leave the hunt without finding them seems the unrealistic part to me, so would like to be encouraged to spend the time finding downed animals.

Currently, if I body shot a doe or small buck I have 0 incentive to track it down. So to make the most gm$ you're actually incentivized to not waste your time tracking wounded animals.

With scaling gm$ payments based on not leaving wounded animals on the map, it means if my harvest % for whitetail is maxed out and I don't go find that doe, my next buck is worth 100 gm$ as it is now, whereas if I do go find it, and I've harvested 50 whitetails without a mail from doc about leaving wounded animals, then my next buck might be worth 140 gm$ instead, and the next one after that with a bonus.

That makes tracking the wounded doe down worth 50 gm$ at least, incentivizes me to play as a normal hunter and not some psycho shooting at anything that enters bow range. But for those that want to play that way, they're still probably making more gm$ over time by not tracking non-trophies.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

ripsix wrote:Landing body shots is fine, it's if you leave the hunt without finding them seems the unrealistic part to me, so would like to be encouraged to spend the time finding downed animals.

Currently, if I body shot a doe or small buck I have 0 incentive to track it down. So to make the most gm$ you're actually incentivized to not waste your time tracking wounded animals.

With scaling gm$ payments based on not leaving wounded animals on the map, it means if my harvest % for whitetail is maxed out and I don't go find that doe, my next buck is worth 100 gm$ as it is now, whereas if I do go find it, and I've harvested 50 whitetails without a mail from doc about leaving wounded animals, then my next buck might be worth 140 gm$ instead, and the next one after that with a bonus.

That makes tracking the wounded doe down worth 50 gm$ at least, incentivizes me to play as a normal hunter and not some psycho shooting at anything that enters bow range. But for those that want to play that way, they're still probably making more gm$ over time by not tracking non-trophies.
As i said i understood exactly what your saying I don't want to HAVE to track down a body shot animal, given the penetration/power of some of the weapons. Wait til you hit one body and it DOES not die even after thousands of meters. And some of them you can't get close to again. So for me until they work on the power/penetration of weapons (Which i've already been informed it's part of what's in the works for this year, it's a big NO From me.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm part of the crowd that probably wouldn't care enough to earn extra gm$ and would still let poorly shot animals that would take forever to die go.

But if I did care, this isn't the way I'd do it. There are way too many bugs in this game to rely on streaks giving you bonuses. Animals can die below ground, sometimes they can't be harvested (and leaving render doesn't always work), they can die like normal and magically slide into the abyss when you're not looking, and other petty things. None of those are super frequent, but I'd be pretty mad every time my streak was broke for something that wasn't my fault. I'd be more inclined to say animals should have a set gm$ amount and maybe get a small boost for heart/lung shots or a small cut for body shots.

But in reality, I find the way it currently is to be pretty adequate. It's simple, which is easier for new players to understand. It's also easy enough to earn gm$ from hunting and doing missions without getting bonuses. I don't think any change is really necessary.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I have a better idea. Instead of rewarding for doing what everybody should already be doing. Penalize by taken away gms if an animal isn't tracked down after being shot.

It's a hunting sim, not a killing sim.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:I have a better idea. Instead of rewarding for doing what everybody should already be doing. Penalize by taken away gms if an animal isn't tracked down after being shot.

What happens when you have an internet outage with your "better idea"? ............ Doubt changing payouts would make a blind bit of difference given if your hunting animals to make gm$ your doing it wrong, missions is where the gm$ lies not in the killing of animals.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Do you have a lot of outages? I haven't had one in 10 years.

My point is no reward should be given but taken away.

It doesn't affect me. I've never tried to make gms.

I'm just saying.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
_Cross

Post by _Cross »

OldMtnMan wrote:I have a better idea. Instead of rewarding for doing what everybody should already be doing. Penalize by taken away gms if an animal isn't tracked down after being shot.

This idea of ​​yours is far from good, imagine the beginner players who do 1 hour to 2 hours of hunting and shoot at various animals and have a lot of difficulty finding them, this would make them negative and they would never be able to increase their GMs.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

xOEDragonx wrote:"There are way too many bugs in this game to rely on streaks giving you bonuses. Animals can die below ground, sometimes they can't be harvested (and leaving render doesn't always work), they can die like normal and magically slide into the abyss when you're not looking, and other petty things.
Not to mention animals that climb/flee to the top of a mountain after being hit, many times will die without any accessibility for picking them up. I'm tired of losing large animals this way. And I'm not a big fan of the old remedy of leaving the area and then coming back later. Why can't you just hit a button and the carcass appears at the nearest base of the hill? I'm not leaving it because I'm a poor tracker, but because the game won't let me get it. Fix that first.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”