Item Donation

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Item Donation

Post by Alphamale1956 »

This was talked about a while back but I haven't seen anything on it since. Is there a way we can donate redundant arms and/or no longer used clothing (3D) to other players who can desperately use them? For various reasons, I have four .243 rifles and lots of clothing gear that can be used by some who are having a hard time because they can't afford to buy this stuff.
BCKidd

Re: Item Donation

Post by BCKidd »

I've always liked the idea of this. Perhaps a way to do it would be to have a surplus store- where players can donate their excessive gear and whatnot. The donations could then be sold again by EW at a discount as "Used". The other option and the one I always wish we had was to have a "Gifting Option". This would also work for comps, so hosts could actually award prizes other than Gift Codes. They could award boxes of ammo, rifles, hand-guns, tents, blind, etc, all the gear that can be bought could be gifted. That is my thoughts on this. Unfortunately tho', EW isn't set-up to offer that. Could it be done? I'm not sure, but indeed it would be a benefit for everyone, I think. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Giving to another player may not work because EW has nothing to gain. A surplus store sounds like the best idea.

I always have guns and clothing i'm not going to use anymore. I'd gladly donate them.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

What use is a 243 rifle when everyone gets one for free anyway.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

BCKidd wrote:I've always liked the idea of this. Perhaps a way to do it would be to have a surplus store- where players can donate their excessive gear and whatnot. The donations could then be sold again by EW at a discount as "Used". The other option and the one I always wish we had was to have a "Gifting Option". This would also work for comps, so hosts could actually award prizes other than Gift Codes. They could award boxes of ammo, rifles, hand-guns, tents, blind, etc, all the gear that can be bought could be gifted. That is my thoughts on this. Unfortunately tho', EW isn't set-up to offer that. Could it be done? I'm not sure, but indeed it would be a benefit for everyone, I think. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Nice ideas. If these gifting ideas can't be done, I wish they'd tell us why. EW could also make money out of this so what's the downside?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

DanthemanBoone wrote:What use is a 243 rifle when everyone gets one for free anyway.
I have the inline muzzleloader, .340 mag, .300 mag, .454 handgun, lots of ammo, and B&C, Artic Ghillie, Army bundles i'd donate. Plus, 10 happy camper tents, 4 tree stands, and 3 tripod stands.

I forgot. 3x9x40 and 2x10x42 scopes too.

I'm sure i'm forgetting more stuff.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Colin Walker
Scout
Location: ScouseLand, United Kingdom 53°28'58.9"N 2°52'51.4"W

Post by Colin Walker »

From the old days when we had to buy memberships for hunting, I have 11 .243 wood, 2 .300 Composite, 1 .270 Wood
1 .30-06 Lever Action Wood, 11 12 GA Single Shot Shotgun Wood, 1 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun Wood spare and much
more lol
Season 39

Range record- Season 23, Season 25, Season 37 Dall Sheep
PB range, Xbow 580.470, Bow 471.180, Rifle 609.050 , Pistol 274.90, No scope rifle 571.280

2016 Season 16
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Colin Walker wrote:From the old days when we had to buy memberships for hunting, I have 11 .243 wood, 2 .300 Composite, 1 .270 Wood
1 .30-06 Lever Action Wood, 11 12 GA Single Shot Shotgun Wood, 1 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun Wood spare and much
more lol
That was one of the worst things, when you bought another membership, and you ended up with a list full of "already haves". I don't know how many times I PM'd support with the list of things I wanted removed. It usually took a couple of days but sure enough things on the list were removed. I'm sure that is still an option to contact support with your list of duplicates and ask them to remove them from your account. It never made much sense to me, that we still got all the things we already had- from the last membership... :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

BCKidd wrote:
Colin Walker wrote:From the old days when we had to buy memberships for hunting, I have 11 .243 wood, 2 .300 Composite, 1 .270 Wood
more lol
That was one of the worst things, when you bought another membership, and you ended up with a list full of "already haves". I don't know how many times I PM'd support with the list of things I wanted removed. It usually took a couple of days but sure enough things on the list were removed. I'm sure that is still an option to contact support with your list of duplicates and ask them to remove them from your account. It never made much sense to me, that we still got all the things we already had- from the last membership... :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.
Sadly, another reason for duplicates and more is that I ordered today what I bought yesterday. Yep, stupid but it does happen. You buy maybe a scope one day because it was on sale and a week later you buy both weapon, ammo, AND scope only to find out you forgot about previous purchase. Could they install either "Already bought" warnings or just simply refuse the transaction? Nah, why would they? My mistake, their gain.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Alphamale1956 wrote:Sadly, another reason for duplicates and more is that I ordered today what I bought yesterday. Yep, stupid but it does happen. You buy maybe a scope one day because it was on sale and a week later you buy both weapon, ammo, AND scope only to find out you forgot about previous purchase. Could they install either "Already bought" warnings or just simply refuse the transaction? Nah, why would they? My mistake, their gain.
The store already has "You own: 1" on individual items, and a "You Own" column on bundles. You just have to read it. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”