A more customizable trophy lodge

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Brutus969
Scout

A more customizable trophy lodge

Post by Brutus969 »

A trophy lodge where you choose (or buy...) the mounts, platforms, plaques you want etc, and place them wherever you want. Could even upgrade the existing lodges to do this.

- have a limit (total lodge capacity) to the number of animals that can be displayed which takes account of big and small game - assign capacity sizes to animals
- mounts are basically 2 types - floor and wall mounts. For each one all you need in addition for customizing is a chosen surface, xy coordinates for that surface, and an angle for orientation if it is a floor mount.
- you could have a minimum distance between different mounts - but I think it's fine to let the player correct for any overlapping issues, let positioning be his problem

Quite a bit of work to code for sure, but possible and worthwhile. This way trophy lodges would have more individuality, be far less cookie cutter.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: A more customizable trophy lodge

Post by HooCairs »

I want a configurable museum on six floors.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

While I can't say I want a museum, I'd love a lodge larger and less limited than our current options. Knowing the lodges that are available in Call of the Wild makes me very envious for this game.

A single huge lodge with many, many of each of the different types of displays would be fine assuming the system and mechanics already in place cannot or will not be changed.

Or as Brutus suggests, sell the current lodges as being empty rooms and place the different kinds of displays where you'd like them much the same was as placing a decoy or e-caller on a map. Highlight the mount location on the wall or floor, look up, down, left or right to adjust and click to place. With limitations on how many can be placed of course.

I love the lodges we currently have but as with many things in this game there are definitely ways they could be made more interesting or more customizable.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Oh I want a museum too, but we should start small lol.

But if you were trying to be ridiculous and suggest that I'm asking for too much - I suppose either you have no faith in EW, which seems reasonable as they are focused on other things, or you don't have much experience coding to appreciate the feasibility of the suggestion. A customizable lodge is extremely doable.

I think this game is a goldmine and EW have not fully tapped its potential yet...
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I support your request. Just thinking if they touch it, don't miss a chance to make it really large. It is actually an indirect earning opportunity to allow for more taxidermy.
Spoiler:
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Awesome :) and yes if they charge per mounting platform itself, that's even more potential income.

I really want a goat lodge haha.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You should have a lot of sambar deer to show. :P
Spoiler:
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Yes 6 currently :)

Sambar Deer (M) 236.22
Sambar Deer (M) 240.118
Sambar Deer (M) 245.157
Sambar Deer (M) 255.275
Sambar Deer (M) 257.204
Sambar Deer (M) 260.866

jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

I have been contemplating how EW could get more cash out of me...

I am drawn to playing Classic because you can buy everything in the game using in-game money, which you can earn yourself. Thus I feel that the items I 'earn' have a bit more value to me, versus simply buying the items. This is one of the reasons I stopped playing COTW, since once I had purchased enough DLC to get the items I wanted, there seemed to be less incentive to play. When I started here in Classic I ended up purchasing 4000 EM's to get weapons, tents, and a starter kits for magpie grinding. But now that I have the basics I intend to 'earn' the items from here on.

So, how does EW get more cash from me if I don't want to buy items. Well, one of the things I have thought of is an EM-only purchased access to 'Hunter Isle', a new reserve where you can build your own lodge. The EM purchased access pass gets you 1-3 months access to Hunter Isle, which can be your in-game home. Perhaps it starts out with claiming or purchasing a lot somewhere on the island, where you can pitch a tent, and start work on your residence. Building your own lodge would be an incredible in-game money sink, and perhaps this island in only accessible in a multiplayer environment, where the island is hosted by EW, and people can 'compete' with building out an elaborate residence.

Anyways, I hope the Dev's read these forums, and consider our suggestions.
skraldrog

Post by skraldrog »

Absolutely 100% for more customizable lodges! I'm also hugely jealous of COTW's. I mean, c'mon. They get a MANSION with practically 100s of places to mount an animal, with lots of poses, the ability to choose between plaques and full body mounts for nearly every animal, and multi-mounts? It's just a shame that this level of detailed taxidermy wonderland is reserved for the arcade players.

We get... a room. Maybe two. There've been multiple times I wanted to taxidermy an animal that just had really cool antlers from truracs, but didn't think I'd have the space, and I don't want to buy another whole lodge for one animal. This could be a **gold mine**, what's EW waiting for?

Yes I'm salty :(

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”