A more customizable trophy lodge

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Re: A more customizable trophy lodge

Post by mel_o_mel »

OldMtnMan wrote:What I wouldn't give to be able to place the trophy lodge up in the mountains by itself like a cabin I was living in. Let us spawn to the inside of it and have a button press to let me sit in front of the fire place.

If not the trophy lodge how about a cabin that looks like we could be living in it? Maybe some smoke from the chimney and be able to go inside and sit down. It would complete a mountain man living in the mountains and hunting to survive.
I was once in Hemmeldal hanging out in the lodge and happened to look out the window to see some reindeer running past. I was then able to head outside and hunt those reindeer.

I was pretty impressed that we could do that.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Anything that makes it seem more real for us helps immersion.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

mel_o_mel wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:What I wouldn't give to be able to place the trophy lodge up in the mountains by itself like a cabin I was living in. Let us spawn to the inside of it and have a button press to let me sit in front of the fire place.

If not the trophy lodge how about a cabin that looks like we could be living in it? Maybe some smoke from the chimney and be able to go inside and sit down. It would complete a mountain man living in the mountains and hunting to survive.
I was once in Hemmeldal hanging out in the lodge and happened to look out the window to see some reindeer running past. I was then able to head outside and hunt those reindeer.

I was pretty impressed that we could do that.
That is pretty cool to know. Every time I look out the window at a lodge I always thought it was a generic background roughly resembling the map. Maybe I should have a closer look next time to see if it's actually the same terrain outside.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I bought a trophy lodge to simulate a cabin i'm living in. I'm not sure if i'll add any trophies?

I wish we could add some furniture. A bed and table and chair to eat. Maybe a real chair at the fireplace. (Rustic)
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Being able to customize the plaques/platforms a bit would be great. I've got a few trophy mounts that I would love to display that use the large round platform, but with only 2 or 3 available in each lodge, I can't show them off. Buying a whole lodge just so I can show off two pheasants isn't really financially sound. :(
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

It is a serious deficit of medium platforms in the game.
I'd be happy to see a modification of any type of lodge that has nothing except medium platforms.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I still dream of the day we receive a Call of the Wild style trophy lodge. Or even just a lodge that offers enough stands to display one of each species in the game. More flexibility of existing mounts would be a nice solution (shoulder mounts of many of the species that currently don't offer them, the ability to put smaller species on larger plaques/platforms, bird plaques in the two lodge types that don't currently have them, or new poses that open the existing platforms to slightly larger species...)

There are so many ways the lodges we have could be expanded. It would be magical to see a trophy lodge redux update.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

A second floor where we live and have the trophy's mostly on the first floor is my ideal lodge. Having just a trophy lodge in the middle of nowhere makes no sense to me if i'm not living it it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”