add a toggle missions overlay

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
ShrWangLwun
Spotter

Re: add a toggle missions overlay

Post by ShrWangLwun »

I love the idea of having a Missions Overlay, I'm constantly forgetting exactly what's required for the Mission I'm playing, I play full screen as I'm visually impaired and this would be a fantastic addition to a really good game.

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I may be understanding it wrong but I would not want it to be an overlay on the hunting environment. I do like the idea of not minimizing the game for this though, and would rather it be displayed much like the map. Whether via a hot key or a simple menu selection from the esc menu. While they are at it they should make it intuitive enough to only display missions and comps that can be completed on the reserve you are hunting. Actually quite easy to do. Just add a tags to each reserve a mission can be completed on, and it would check your active missions and comps against that list. If they match display the info.
If they want it simpler, just allow the player to select the ones they want displayed on the page via a check box next to the mission or comp.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Mr. Laurel
Scout

Post by Mr. Laurel »

Is it really that hard to keep a few objectives in mind? ;) :lol:

Shots fired... :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

DHRifleman wrote:I may be understanding it wrong but I would not want it to be an overlay on the hunting environment. I do like the idea of not minimizing the game for this though, and would rather it be displayed much like the map. Whether via a hot key or a simple menu selection from the esc menu. While they are at it they should make it intuitive enough to only display missions and comps that can be completed on the reserve you are hunting. Actually quite easy to do. Just add a tags to each reserve a mission can be completed on, and it would check your active missions and comps against that list. If they match display the info.
If they want it simpler, just allow the player to select the ones they want displayed on the page via a check box next to the mission or comp.
via toggling :lol: which is what i was on about. basically accessing the info via a keystroke key of your choice ;)
KriegsWulff
Spotter

Post by KriegsWulff »

I agree, but My thought would be to have it so that there is a notepad app on the HM so that instead of it being like CoD or BF4 or somesuch, it's more tied in to the game. some GPS have a note feature.

Have it so that it show's only the missions available on the Reserve you are currently hunting in. and have the default setting list them by the progress you have made with them,IE: I'll give you a Buck for each... < this one being the last in the WT mission line, so that one would by default be at the top.

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

ronMctube wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:I may be understanding it wrong but I would not want it to be an overlay on the hunting environment. I do like the idea of not minimizing the game for this though, and would rather it be displayed much like the map. Whether via a hot key or a simple menu selection from the esc menu. While they are at it they should make it intuitive enough to only display missions and comps that can be completed on the reserve you are hunting. Actually quite easy to do. Just add a tags to each reserve a mission can be completed on, and it would check your active missions and comps against that list. If they match display the info.
via toggling :lol: which is what i was on about. basically accessing the info via a keystroke key of your choice ;)
My point was more about the overlay than the way of getting to the information. ;) Overlay to me is like the information we have on screen now for a myriad of things.
My point is it should be opened like the map, and in SP it would pause the game.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes i suggested maybe 5 years ago now that we access via the pda as it would make it the most logical gameplay wise.

tbh im not bothered how its accessed as long as its not via alt tabbing which increases crashes issues.as to just remember the data if you have numerous missions on the go and some mission require multiple objectives then why not have a access to mission data/comps on one key ?
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Seeings they have been playing with the UI as of recent would be a good time to revive this from the graveyard hehehe.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

This would be great.

I actually bought small second-hand secondary display and connected it to my internal PC video card - just to run lightweight broswer with thehunter page displayed and conveniently see missions/competionions while hunting :D
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I use full screen and when I want to stay in game but check anything online I hit the left Windows button. I do what I want to and then click on the launcher icon on bottom of screen and i'm back in the game where I left off. This is a very easy and quick way to check outside of the game.

I don't do multi though. I don't know how it will work for that. Try it while doing something unimportant. Not in a comp to see if it works.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”