What kind of events would you like to see?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
BCKidd

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by BCKidd »

The problem I see with MP, is that is a niche- not everyone wants to play in MP. I would be one of those few. That would leave me and others with the same mind set, out of the Christmas event or all other events where the comps are in MP. So, we'd be back to square one. Now if the comps were in both SP and MP which players do you think would be winning those comps- the answer- MP players. I like what Jeff1963 proposed- not only make the heart shots be the only accepted harvests but also make it so that it is for males of the species only. I put my thumbs down for making the comps MP for EW Events. 'Less of course there are different awards for each comp; MP has its set of awards and SP has its own awards. Now do you honestly think EW would provide that. I don't think so. These events should only be played in SP, I think. That's my 2 cents. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Just as a note if I could have picked the Jolly point system I would have only had 3 animals in the legendary tier and these would have been Both fox species and bobcats. Purely because they are a little harder to hunt and the spawn numbers of them keep them balanced.

I think the rest is pretty fair. But I will have a look at the list again and ponder over it some more.

I think multiplayer for these big events is good, it encourages people to play together. Also for people that don't get much time to hunt, they are going to want to do it with there mates. Not solo.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Regarding the heart shot requirement, keep in mind that:
1) Competitions with organ requirements tend to be buggy - sometimes the right organs are hit, but the animals don't count, sometimes the right organs are not hit and the animals still count!
2) The animal's organ hitboxes often are a pain!

So while generally this might look like a good idea, I'm a bit hesistant here.
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

TreeKiwi wrote:Just as a note if I could have picked the Jolly point system I would have only had 3 animals in the legendary tier and these would have been Both fox species and bobcats. Purely because they are a little harder to hunt and the spawn numbers of them keep them balanced.

I think the rest is pretty fair. But I will have a look at the list again and ponder over it some more.

I think multiplayer for these big events is good, it encourages people to play together. Also for people that don't get much time to hunt, they are going to want to do it with there mates. Not solo.
I'm not saying it is bad, I'm saying there needs to be two sets of awards in that case- awards for SP and awards for MP. That is the only way I see it being fair. If the awards are not duplicated for SP and MP, the MP players are going to win every time. Where does that leave those that prefer SP to MP? In the dark, jus' like now with the grinders etc... 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

DYEUZ wrote: As for the multi comps being accepted , i have no problem with it , if it changes for a better points system .
I think the MP should be allowed. I've always though it was cool that they allowed player "A" to shoot the animal with the required weapon & player "B" to harvest it & get credit for it.
I generally buy the weapons shortly after release so I've never benefited from this, but I have helped others. It, as pointed out, promotes people to play together, & IMO more importantly, it doesn't MAKE people buy all the weapons. We see complaints all the time from people that don't want to buy a weapon just for a mission or comp.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I really see where you guys are going with the multi players comps being accepted , and i dig it . I understand what your saying .
All this Holiday spirit and having fun , is all great . But still remains a comp .
Comps are for prizes and to see who can raise their skills , exps , etc , to win . Not who as the most friends that can help them out .

Bring on the team comps i say !! Multiple players vs. multiple players !! Not couple guys vs. one guy.
They should change the name, ''comps'' then and call it something else.

When you have prizes , awards that are given , there's where it all changes for me .Having that advantage with your friends vs. a player solo , does not make it fair and ethical imo.
You want to hunts with friends !? Have some fun !? Help them out !? Plenty of occasions in regular time . Missions , Laura Francese's comps , achievements , etc .

Also, when you don't have the required weapons or equipment for a comp, well i'm sorry , that one is not for you . And honestly , it doesn't happen often with hosted comps from member and / or TH comps .
How would you feel , if after hard work , in a really rewarding comp , you finish second or third knowing that the winner , had help from his friends ?
:mrgreen:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I was leaning more towards the missions concerning my "needed weapons" comment.
You are right -- for comps, if you don't have the weapon, either don't enter or buy the weapon.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: About this year's Holiday Event ...

Post by TheSheWolf »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:This isn't a competition. It's something...I don't know what. It makes me feel gross and not myself when I look at it. In other words, it's INSULTING to participate in it. Not only is it catered just for 'grinders' as you point out it also requires that you own all the weapons or even better for EW buy them. I don't even want to lay my eyes on that event anymore. It's insulting that's what it is. It's a big part of what puts a bad taste in my mouth about this game or makes me angry when I think about playing it. I payed WELL enough for this game as it is and I don't some barrior at every turn showing me what I'm missing where I can either buy a new thing or don't get to participate. It's making me not like this game really fast.

Imaging purchasing an expensive pair of boots but the person selling them to you says...but it doesn't come with the laces...you have to buy those separately...and you only get a 'license' to use the shoes for a year...in other words 'renting the shoes'. Then they say "oh but you only baught one of the shoes. That didn't come with both of them. You have to also buy the other shoe.

It's one of those experiences that doesn't make me feel any better about spending my time playing this game. It's more of one of those experiences where I subconsciously feel "Really?....The Hunter? How did it come to this?" It gives me a sick feeling even though it's a good game because the way it get's into your wallet is sleazy. There's no denying it. And it's insulting. That's what it is. My two cents.
I am 100% in agreement on this and said it elsewhere myself as well. I do just hate when they do this and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as well. Items should be attractive enough to warrant purchase based on a player's preference and playstyle, not be necessary to experience the full breadth of included game content--including missions and competitions. While I love the holiday stuff and the effort put into it (for every holiday, not just this one) the very specific weapons ones just irk me.
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

got to agree on most points as well as saying if your playing a golf tournament and you a leading the comp only to be beaten by a group of 4 who are selecting the best score for each hole you would feel cheated. even tiger woods in his heyday wouldn't beat a group of 4 picking there best score for each hole. make them separate so its an even playing field
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: About this year's Holiday Event ...

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

TheSheWolf wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:This isn't a competition. It's something...I don't know what. It makes me feel gross and not myself when I look at it. In other words, it's INSULTING to participate in it. Not only is it catered just for 'grinders' as you point out it also requires that you own all the weapons or even better for EW buy them. I don't even want to lay my eyes on that event anymore. It's insulting that's what it is. It's a big part of what puts a bad taste in my mouth about this game or makes me angry when I think about playing it. I payed WELL enough for this game as it is and I don't some barrior at every turn showing me what I'm missing where I can either buy a new thing or don't get to participate. It's making me not like this game really fast.

Imaging purchasing an expensive pair of boots but the person selling them to you says...but it doesn't come with the laces...you have to buy those separately...and you only get a 'license' to use the shoes for a year...in other words 'renting the shoes'. Then they say "oh but you only baught one of the shoes. That didn't come with both of them. You have to also buy the other shoe.

It's one of those experiences that doesn't make me feel any better about spending my time playing this game. It's more of one of those experiences where I subconsciously feel "Really?....The Hunter? How did it come to this?" It gives me a sick feeling even though it's a good game because the way it get's into your wallet is sleazy. There's no denying it. And it's insulting. That's what it is. My two cents.
I am 100% in agreement on this and said it elsewhere myself as well. I do just hate when they do this and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as well. Items should be attractive enough to warrant purchase based on a player's preference and playstyle, not be necessary to experience the full breadth of included game content--including missions and competitions. While I love the holiday stuff and the effort put into it (for every holiday, not just this one) the very specific weapons ones just irk me.
I Liked the rules in 'power of ten' comp. Where you submit one harvest per animal and you have to stick with your decision. That felt like a fair comp to me. I'm not against certain comps requiring certain weapons as in the 'normal comps' where one comp has one set of rules and there's another comp that suits me better that I can choose. This one holiday event ONLY favors players who either own all the weapons where EW is really just pressuring players to buy weapons that I have no interest in owning and that makes me uncomfortable and resentful at EW staff who seem to think that crooked approach to their customers is smart...... and or players who 'grind'. There's nothing in it for someone who has basic necessary gear who just wants to participate in a fair competition/event. Like I've said before, it would be fun if they would include things like special 'collectables' that can be found or something that all players have a chance of taking away from this event. I would be happy if they had a number of events with different rules which all have prizes. Maybe players can only choose one of them from a number of optional comps. As it stands, I have no spirit left for the Christmas event they have come out with. No amount of players offering multiplayter games (though that is nice of them) to compensate for this crooked event would make me feel better about it or like participating at this point.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”