Hirschfelden spot for BOTH red deer and fallow deer

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
knott
Outfitter

Hirschfelden spot for BOTH red deer and fallow deer

Post by knott »

I struggle to find some area where I can find both. They seem to be very separated. I found a lot of fallow deer they seem abundant. Red deer more rare. They are in the south I know but there is no fallow deer. Fallow deer is mostly up north but do they meet somewhere?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Hirschfelden spot for BOTH red deer and fallow deer

Post by HooCairs »

They meet west of the Rittersteinhütte, and from there going north.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

The highlighted spots are my favorite places to hunt for both Fallow and Red Deer with that circled area of stream becoming my go-to lately. South of the grain storage in the East is also very good (there's a good little clearing in the woods where I have the treestand south of my tent ). Image
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Thanks! Tried the western spot now and did indeed found both fallow and red deer :). I guess they decreased the population of red deer after the fallow deer?
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I will check these spots when I get the chance.
knott wrote:I struggle to find some area where I can find both. They seem to be very separated. I found a lot of fallow deer they seem abundant. Red deer more rare. They are in the south I know but there is no fallow deer. Fallow deer is mostly up north but do they meet somewhere?
If you are looking for that 240 red deer, it's easier in Val des Bois. Going along the river (from North to South) is bound to get plenty, in your path, of red deer meat :mrgreen: . There is where I got mine. First had 239,98 :D , the second was 242. I made 5 runs and in the fifth BANG it showed up and bagged it.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I am trying to multitask fallow deer missions and that red deer :)
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:I will check these spots when I get the chance.

If you are looking for that 240 red deer, it's easier in Val des Bois. Going along the river (from North to South) is bound to get plenty, in your path, of red deer meat :mrgreen: . There is where I got mine. First had 239,98 :D , the second was 242. I made 5 runs and in the fifth BANG it showed up and bagged it.
Well that certainly works. The first try of doing that and I bag one at 263.76. Possibly just luck. Started out at 7am, with the same logic as at Piccabeen Bay, that they'll all come out to drink in the morning, and stuck to the Northern bank of the river. Crossbow for a few animals so not to startle anything (other than the few Roe deer that spook at anything, truly the Claymore mines of theHunter world) then he walked out from the mist, so to be sure I nailed him with the .300. I've had numerous encounters with high value deer that will spook at crossbow range, B&C camo or not. They're usually far more wary at coming in to the call and will spook far easier.

As for Hirschfelden I usually stick to roaming the fields where possible. The embankments are great vantage points, since I rarely use a tree stand on that reserve. The top left tent area in mel_o_mel's picture is certainly Fallow territory, although I've had them East of the Mullerwaldhutte lodge, in the area of the grey (on the map) unploughed field and the woods to the East and the woods to the South across the road. Prior to the Fallow introduction this seemed to be Roe deer spawning area, and sometimes still is, so maybe they replaced some of the Roe spawns with Fallow spawns, presuming the total number of animals on the map is a constant limit.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Well about constant numbers of animals in a reserve I doubt that this would be the logic. As I understood the need is to fill the "gaps" where are no animals at all.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

More animals to tack more demand on cpu. But I do agree certainly no shooting gallery so wouldnt m nd more animals.

I found a 205 red deer. I dont have the patience for this I realize it will take probably 69h just for the first mission set

Return to “Fan Guides”