Post your favorite Map/Setup with Hot Spots/Hunting Routes

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post your favorite Map/Setup with Hot Spots/Hunting Routes

Post by D3AKUs »

As said in the title. I think everyone can benefit from a topic like this :) got the idea as i saw Pretty_Boys post in the Animal Map topic.

Post your favorite maps and setups including successfull hunting routes and hot spots for animals u always visit.

I start with TGT , followed by VDB and Hirschfelden , it is by far my most favorite map. I love the Rocky Mountain Elk and i am obsessed with hunting Mule Deer for really big Trophys at the moment. Thanks to the nice Sale we got i was finally able to start building my own setup there.

Those are my prefered hunting routes.
Blue is for Elk while red is for Mule Deer.

If u look for that big Trophy Mule i would suggest hunting and setting up Equipment in the green Areas. Especially the big green area in the center of the south river. This is where the magic happens for me most of the time. The tree to the left of the small wooden bridge in that area is my "golden Treestand" for Mule on TGT. I found it hunting on Dieseldesmonds setup and ever since i love this spot.

The orange area i have marked is my most favorite area for Elk. Lately i havent been lucky there but it usually was great a spot. And i have taken a lot of Trophys there in the past.

I hope we get this topic going and see a lot of cool setups and huntings routes in the future. This will not only help new players on their way to their first setup but may also inspire the veterans to try a spot or two that they maybe havent used in a while or never at all :)
Ringalor
Tracker

Re: Post your favorite Map/Setup with Hot Spots/Hunting Routes

Post by Ringalor »

Thank you very much for these maps and for your experience....
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I'll put my VBD setup together later :)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

This is great...! I'll be back with some maps as well ;)

Pitzur13

Post by Pitzur13 »

Do you have any Rougaru Bay map? I bought some stuff for the waterfowls
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Pitzur13 wrote:Do you have any Rougaru Bay map? I bought some stuff for the waterfowls
Hey Pitzur13, here are some nice waterfowl locations...

Happy Hunting - PB

maxsys
Spotter

Post by maxsys »

thanks for this thread. it is very usefull.

thumb up
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Awesome topic. I'll be watching it closely, especially since I'm really loving TGT and the elk there, and looking for the best spots. For me, I can only really offer my Val des Bois stuff for Red Deer. I love this map, and this route, for red deer because they seem to get kind of "funneled" into the middle of the map given the geography.

I have a longer thread on it here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=78800 --

- Red line = my regular route
- Blue line = SOMETIMES I continue up on that way, but I'm not that familiar that far
- Purple dots = common possible red deer locations

Starting at 7 am, start calling immediately. I take the route marked in RED, walking and calling as soon as I leave the Inventory range of the lodge and running a bit down toward the river if I have no call-backs on the way. I sit in the tower for awhile and call, and usually either there's already red deer in the river or some will come from the opposite side, and from upriver as well.

I move on and aim to be in the blind by about 8 am. After leaving the tower I first go across toward the lake a ways and call, as sometimes there's a red deer spawn up behind it that will answer. Likewise I head downriver on the northern side and call up the cliff, and if I get no response I head OVER the river south again, and make my way into the trees to the blind (if you go up the river stuff WILL see you upriver and flee).

Usually I'll get a few red deer coming in from both north and south, as well as upriver. After I'm not getting any more calls or seeing any sign of stags I'll head upriver again, over the island and to where the river rejoins after it (kind of splits into 3 there) and usually from north, toward the chalet, there'll be a bull--sometimes in the river just east of the first island, too.

A word of warning: it may be obvious to the veterans, but DO NOT GET OUT of the blind, if you set one there, to take a trophy shot until you are sure nothing else is coming. I've had a 270 or so, I think it was, come up behind me while I was settling a 240 for a trophy shot. https://photo.thehunter.com/4a/81/4a811 ... 791943.jpg if you want to see the shot, I nearly lost it--but yeah, the brush is so thick right around the meadow, and the bank to the river with some big stones blocking view slopes so that you can't see what's coming until it's almost on you from the north and the east.

(PS - D3AKUs - I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you were color-blind or the like, but FYI, your "red" in the first pic is orange, and your "orange" in the next is yellow, just in case you want to correct the text for clarity :) )
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

TheSheWolf wrote:(PS - D3AKUs - I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you were color-blind or the like, but FYI, your "red" in the first pic is orange, and your "orange" in the next is yellow, just in case you want to correct the text for clarity :) )
:lol: hahaha me and the colors.

Thx for your VdB Map. I use the exact same route and a have blind at the location too.Got it from a topic here and it works like a charm. Really good. Bagged my 278 not long ago when i left the blind and moved on to follow the river.

Thx to Pretty_Boy too for the sweet RB Duck spots.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Here's my Logger's Point setup and favourite spots.

The coloured zones are based on my experience and harvests, and are not official spawning zones.

I still love Logger's Point and go there specifically for cottontail rabbits. That's not to say I don't hunt other animals when I'm there. I do, but I just take what comes my way. I have a couple of hog feeders which I fill from time to time, and they often yield decent-scoring hogs.

I usually start at Field Lodge, at around 8am. I immediately fast travel to the tent highlighted with the blue marker. That drops me right in rabbit central, and sometimes I also get some mule deer calls. I explore the area in blue for rabbits and can normally find at least 20-30 without too much effort. I use a run and gun approach. I find it works best when playing with max graphics settings. Often you will see the spotting information for a rabbit first, but once it starts running you can normally get it quickly with the shotgun. Alternatively I wait for it to stop running and hide, then once I know where it is, I can take it out with either a pistol, bow or rifle. My maximum cottontail harvests is about 60 in one hunt, but that took aroiund 4 or 5 hours. The other areas marked are just based on my experience from hunting that reserve. Often animals can be found outside of those areas, but most of the time I find the corresponding animals in those approximate areas.

I have a bunch of treestands, tripods and tents scattered around to help me get about and stay concealed. It's useful having tripods and stands all over, as it means there's never too far to travel to get in one if a call comes in.

Return to “Fan Guides”