Enhanced graphics with Nvidia GPUs and Nvidia Inspector

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
\m/
Outfitter

Re: Enhanced graphics with Nvidia GPUs and Nvidia Inspector

Post by \m/ »

JimboCrow wrote:Just tried using your recommended settings with my new card, and I'm very grateful \m/. It looks great and runs smooth. Thanks again!
Good to read, enjoy :)
Swampfox wrote: My question is, concerning my Nvidia Card - the GeoForce GTX 660, as it is an older type video card, would I still be able to benefit and be able to improvise and make adjustments to my system and see the enhanced graphic results ?
Thanks for any response.
Your system normally should have zero problems with the "low" settings, which means antialiasing on weapons, huntermate and co - this alone is in my eyes a huge improvement. Even a mix of "low" and "mid" settings could work with some luck and adjustments (with playable fps).
Simple try "low" settings, you'll need only a few minutes for the configuration and you can see with your own eyes if the tweak is something for you.

If it runs smooth with "low" inspector settings, set "Antialiasing - Setting" to "4xS" and try.. But close TH before you make any testchange ;)
Now offline. Forever.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thanks once again \m/.
I downloaded the Nvidia Profile Inspector and followed your instructions while reviewing and comparing the settings and parameters while making adjustments to my copy of the Inspector.
After selecting "Apply Changes" I started TheHunter and went to the Archery Addiction Range at RFF rather than get into a lengthy hunt tonight.
I've got to say, I'm very impressed with the enhanced clarity and appearance this difference has made. (Now when I get some new glasses, this pair and prescription is a few years old) I know I'll be even more impressed with the quality!

I have a couple of questions.
Once "Apply Changes" has been selected, I read your comment - "You only need to change the settings in the Nvidia Inspector once, changes are saved permanently to the Nvidia Profile of TheHunter. (To reset all changes in nvidia inspector, click in the top bar at the green nvidia symbol (restore current profil to nvidia standard).
Where is this file (Nvidia Profile Inspector) saved and located ?

I'm wondering, if I should find something that needs to be changed back to original settings, where would I locate that file. Or, would I just reopen the Inspector, Go to Profile and select theHunter and then make changes and then once again select "Apply Changes" ?

After I followed your instructions, went in the game for awhile and then exited I began to wonder how could I call up that Nvidia Profile of TheHunter and if it was selected or opened, does that mean I would have to start all over and begin changing settings and saving the process again ?
Just can't quite understand where and how this information is saved and stored.
Thanks again, this is all new to me and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how all this works.
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Swampfox wrote:Thanks once again \m/.
I downloaded the Nvidia Profile Inspector and followed your instructions while reviewing and comparing the settings and parameters while making adjustments to my copy of the Inspector.
After selecting "Apply Changes" I started TheHunter and went to the Archery Addiction Range at RFF rather than get into a lengthy hunt tonight.
I've got to say, I'm very impressed with the enhanced clarity and appearance this difference has made. (Now when I get some new glasses, this pair and prescription is a few years old) I know I'll be even more impressed with the quality!

I have a couple of questions.
Once "Apply Changes" has been selected, I read your comment - "You only need to change the settings in the Nvidia Inspector once, changes are saved permanently to the Nvidia Profile of TheHunter. (To reset all changes in nvidia inspector, click in the top bar at the green nvidia symbol (restore current profil to nvidia standard).
Where is this file (Nvidia Profile Inspector) saved and located ?

I'm wondering, if I should find something that needs to be changed back to original settings, where would I locate that file. Or, would I just reopen the Inspector, Go to Profile and select theHunter and then make changes and then once again select "Apply Changes" ?

After I followed your instructions, went in the game for awhile and then exited I began to wonder how could I call up that Nvidia Profile of TheHunter and if it was selected or opened, does that mean I would have to start all over and begin changing settings and saving the process again ?
Just can't quite understand where and how this information is saved and stored.
Thanks again, this is all new to me and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how all this works.
Inspector is actually making the changes right in the Nvidia profile. The same place the NVidia control panel is saving it's settings. It's showing you driver settings that NVidea has chosen not to expose in the control panel. I'm not sure, but it's probably best to use one or the other, but not both. I'm not sure if using both can create a conflict and override settings made in the other.
Personal Bests...
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

You have downloaded inspector, simple reopen the downloaded version/file of inspector and you can change settings for testing, or restore/undo your changes in the nvidia-profile with a click on the green nvidia symbol at the top bar of inspector (after you have chosen the "the hunter" nvidia-profile).

With inspector you can see much more settings like in the nvidia controlpanel. Inspector and controlpanel using the same nvidia profile, which is normally auto-installed with your nvidia gpu-driver. After you changed a setting in the controlpanel, check in inspector the "the hunter" profile. The settings with the black font color (screenshots from my main post) should be the same for a working tweak.
Changes in the controlpanel can sure override settings in a profile, means those changes can override your inspector profile settings.

Seems you like the "new" look of the old TH?! :D
Now offline. Forever.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

\m/ wrote:You have downloaded inspector, simple reopen the downloaded version/file of inspector and you can change settings for testing, or restore/undo your changes in the nvidia-profile with a click on the green nvidia symbol at the top bar of inspector (after you have chosen the "the hunter" nvidia-profile).

With inspector you can see much more settings like in the nvidia controlpanel. Inspector and controlpanel using the same nvidia profile, which is normally auto-installed with your nvidia gpu-driver. After you changed a setting in the controlpanel, check in inspector the "the hunter" profile. The settings with the black font color (screenshots from my main post) should be the same for a working tweak.
Changes in the controlpanel can sure override settings in a profile, means those changes can override your inspector profile settings.

Seems you like the "new" look of the old TH?! :D
I sure do! :o :D
Thank you once again for explaining more about the Nvidia Inspector!
And thank you Fletchette for more explanation to help me further understand the details! :D
Spoiler:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Since you guys seem to know what might work best, what do you guys think i should set the setting at with these specs?

Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
8 GB Ram
64-bit Windows 10
MSI 1060 OC GTX 6GB
1920x1080 60 Hertz monitor

Also, i tried to find a source to download it, but some of the sites i found didn't look like something i would install something from, one of them even triggered my anti-virus. Anyone that got a safe download link?

\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Hello Kevin,

i would use the settings for a mid-gpu. Should give you good results and good fps.

edit: Normally http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Nvidia-Ge ... ad-796769/ or http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloa ... ea952347b8 should be safe, cuz both are bigger german known sites.
Now offline. Forever.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

kevin2106 wrote:Since you guys seem to know what might work best, what do you guys think i should set the setting at with these specs?

Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
8 GB Ram
64-bit Windows 10
MSI 1060 OC GTX 6GB
1920x1080 60 Hertz monitor

Also, i tried to find a source to download it, but some of the sites i found didn't look like something i would install something from, one of them even triggered my anti-virus. Anyone that got a safe download link?
Hey kev'. You will be pleasantly surprised with the improved clarity and graphic appearance, I know I was. :D
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Personally i think at normal screenshots you can't see the differences in detail, ingame with normal screenmotion its a lot better to see the differences.
Now offline. Forever.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I've been using that kind of anti-aliasing for years for Flight Simulator X, it works really well for cockpits. Without this anti-aliasing method all the instruments, buttons and text will flicker like crazy once you move the camera (but also the scenery), but by using this kind of anti-aliasing (SSAA) all that will be completely gone, it's truly a world of difference! :)

You can use it for a lot of games, mostly older games: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidi ... ed.357956/

Some games also support HBAO+ ambient occlusion: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/hbao- ... ad.387114/

When you combine both methods for a game like Dishonored for example, you'll see quite a difference.
Last edited by Levado on March 24th, 2018, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer

Return to “Fan Guides”