TheHunterTools

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
FumarPorros
Scout

Re: TheHunterTools

Post by FumarPorros »

That's just typical.
More than 100 people make use of the signature, but I got feedback from people who don't use it. :P
Okay, not quite right. There's some feedback from Doctor_Schuh. Thanks, Doc... :-D

@cb
I think you're right.
The shapes are not ideal and the legibility suffers at a reduced height.
The problem isn't the font family or size, much more it's about the line spacing.
That just looks too pressed, and not very particularly advantageous.

I think I let the signature as it is now.
But I'll modify the script and graphics, so that everything can be created dynamically and variably.
If necessary, the boxes could be assigned automatically with other sizes.
facpo wrote:Those tools are awsome! do you plan to update the stand tools and map tools so we can add WRR and new species, plz this would be so awsome! incredible work I love it and use it!!!
Yes, but that takes a little time.
I also have to earn money, in between times. ;)
I hope I can update the tools completely till next week.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

The people who aren't using your signature probably aren't using it because they have suggestions of how to make it better. :P
Personally I like cal's because it gives me a color option I like.
homk
FumarPorros
Scout

Post by FumarPorros »

DonderDeer wrote:The people who aren't using your signature probably aren't using it because they have suggestions of how to make it better. :P
Personally I like cal's because it gives me a color option I like.
Could it be that you misunderstood my post?
You answered a question that I've never asked. :D

Maybe I expressed myself misleading. (English isn't my mother tongue.)
It's all about some feedback from people who use the tool.
And I was just amused by the oddity, getting feedback from people who don't use the tool, instead from people who use the tool. ;)

Anyway. I don't care, whether and why someone uses the signature or not. You can't be everybody's darling.
So, if you like the signature, it's okay. If you don't like it, it's also okay.
I'm not losing any sleep over that. :)
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

The reason I gave you feedback is because I really like your tool but won't use it for only a small number of reasons - I have used your tool on the site but haven't uploaded it to the forum. If you don't want feedback from people who would like to use your tool but are offput, that's your prerogative.

Sometimes if you want to make improvements, people who are not using your product have better insight than those who do.
I was just offering constructive critiscism. No hard feelings intended.
homk
FumarPorros
Scout

Post by FumarPorros »

DonderDeer wrote:The reason I gave you feedback is because I really like your tool but won't use it for only a small number of reasons - I have used your tool on the site but haven't uploaded it to the forum. If you don't want feedback from people who would like to use your tool but are offput, that's your prerogative.
Misunderstood me again. :)
It's really okay if you give me your feedback.
But actually, I expected the feedback from people who use the tool.
DonderDeer wrote: Sometimes if you want to make improvements, people who are not using your product have better insight than those who do.
I was just offering constructive critiscism. No hard feelings intended.
I know, you don't mean no harm. ;)
But your criticism doesn't help me with the actual problem further. Namely the matter of dimensions.
Colors, fonts, etc. are a matter of taste and can be easily adapted or modify. :)
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

I apologize for not being clear enough. Technically speaking, I have used your tool. I apologize for others who actively have your tool in their signatures who have not suggested anything.

Actually, my reasoning for choosing pxlplz as a font to recommend is due to the fact that it is so compact (and very legible) allows you to shrink the size of the boxes without losing visibility. You could easily shave at least 5 px per column and another ~6 per row. The numbers add up!

When I get home from work I will mockup what I am talking about so you can see.
homk
FumarPorros
Scout

Post by FumarPorros »

Hi there, :)

all tools updated.
If you find a bug, please report here. Thanks. :D

Here again the URL:
http://fumarporros.bplaced.net/
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Post by Blind Mole »

FumarPorros wrote:In fact the first time I saw the header idea was on a page of Blind Mole, who did a nice job creating avatars.
so.. where is my MONEY???? :))))
Joke. Thx for this job. Community wanted it long time ago :)

GL in hunts..:)
maglame
Spotter

Post by maglame »

FumarPorros wrote:I often change the positions of my hunting stands.
Therefore, I often had to change my maps to mark these positions again and again and again...
Very troublesome. So I've been thinking about a solution.
As of today, it's easy to set up positions for tree stands, tents, feeders, etc.
All you have to know are the EHR positions of your hunting stands.
I have saved my positions in a simple text file.
I love this option, but what would make it even better was if i was able to make it so that certain icons, i.e. a treestand, doesn't have the coordinates (and radius) displayed on the map. I.e. something like 0=hide both, 1=hide coordinates only, 2=hide radius only, that could be used in the syntax i save in my textfile. Hopefully I managed to make it clear what I mean.

Again, great work. Thanks a lot for the tools!
FumarPorros
Scout

Post by FumarPorros »

Hi there,

sorry, but I was very busy in recent months so I've neglected the tools.
Really no time for updates. Not even to play. (And I had just renewed my membership.)
I'll try to catch up but that may take some time because even now my time is limited.

It's clear, that the signature tool is dead. New forum rules don't give any scope for that.
But hey, caledonianblues has created a nice signature stats app and I think it's really great:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=69920

EW don't make things easier... :-D
Sorry to say but I wasn't very happy with the first version of the forum redesign.
So I used the good old Stylish-plugin to change the CSS immediately.
Between the second color scheme was published. Much better but I'm not really into it.
Meanwhile I use my own color scheme and I've published it on
https://userstyles.org/styles/125646/thehunter-forum
So everybody can use it too after install the Stylish-plugin.
(Screenshots there differ slightly from current style.)

I did the same for the new wiki(a) ( O M G ! Really? O.o ) but didn't publish yet because I wrote a script to use the wiki in another way. (More about later...)
Blind Mole wrote: so.. where is my MONEY???? :))))
Joke. Thx for this job. Community wanted it long time ago :)

GL in hunts..:)
Thanks, Blind Mole... :-)
maglame wrote: I love this option, but what would make it even better was if i was able to make it so that certain icons, i.e. a treestand, doesn't have the coordinates (and radius) displayed on the map. I.e. something like 0=hide both, 1=hide coordinates only, 2=hide radius only, that could be used in the syntax i save in my textfile. Hopefully I managed to make it clear what I mean.

Again, great work. Thanks a lot for the tools!
Thanks, maglame... :-)

There's no parameter to hide a certain radius. To hide all radii you just have to set the opacity to zero.
Regarding the text: there's another parameter you can use but I think I never published it to this forum.
This is the syntax you should know already:

Code: Select all

Xpos , Ypos , icon ID , text color ID , radius color ID
But there is a sixth parameter, which is intended for text-adjustment:

Code: Select all

Xpos , Ypos , icon ID , text color ID , radius color ID, text-adjustment value
If two radii are very close, possibly the text could overlap. With the sixth parameter (default value : 1) you can adjust the text.
If you want to place text above the icon use values in the negative range, e.g. -1
For text below the icon use values in the positive range, e.g. 2
Now the trick to hide text: Use simply a high value which is outside the map, e.g. 200... :-)

Return to “Fan Guides”