Reverse engineering: How much do tracks increase skills

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Reverse engineering: How much do tracks increase skills

Post by Tod1d »

Some additional observations:

When checking the skills with the API (similar to checking them by refreshing the skills page), I noticed that sometimes the skill would update immediately (or rather quick... 10-15 seconds), and then a few minutes later revert to the old level. And then eventually update to the new value again. (Lag between distributed servers??)

Some of the updates took as long as 15 minutes, and required me to end the hunt and wait to check the level change after collecting 1 track. Collecting the data I did (Up to level 4) took several days.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

JimboCrow wrote:
wt_hunting wrote:Thank you for this information. It DOES help players acquire increased abilities, such as gender, age of track, etc. That said, a brand new player, and a level 20 player tracking an animal, wounded or not, still will encounter back-tracking due to animals suddenly veering off in another direction or mis-information on the tracking cone. In my opinion, a level 20 tracker should never have to look for the next track for 10 minutes going back and forth and searching. That should be for the new person. Otherwise, tracking skills are not complete. Level 20, as a reward for reaching the plateau, should see every track no more than 30 meters apart. As it is now, there is no difference between level 1 and level 20.
Not to discount your take on this wt, but IRL not even the best bloodhound in the world can track a wounded animal without working back and forth, forward and back-tracking, sometimes even running in circles. These aren't heavy vehicles with four wheels that never leave the ground we're tracking here, these are agile wild animals running for their lives through thick brush and constantly changing terrain. A certain amount of searching is to be expected, and so is losing the animal sometimes, which is almost impossible in the game. Too easy to track already if you ask me, way too easy: we don't really need the dogs in the game, but they can help if you have one.

Tracking can be extremely frustrating, but also very rewarding!! Just my personal opinion. Good hunting to you wt!!
Very good response, Jimbo. Interesting perspective.
Belorian
Hunter

Post by Belorian »

you have to click much more track the gap between level 4-5 and level 1-2 is about 10times more
~~HUNTING RIG~~
// CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.6Ghz || GPU: GTX1060 @ 2.2Ghz || RAM: DDR3 @ 1.9Ghz \\
// TRACK IR(Head Tracking) || FULL DETAIL @ 3660 x 1660 on 50" 4K OLED TV \\
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

wt_hunting wrote:...In my opinion, a level 20 tracker should never have to look for the next track for 10 minutes going back and forth and searching. That should be for the new person. Otherwise, tracking skills are not complete. Level 20, as a reward for reaching the plateau, should see every track no more than 30 meters apart. As it is now, there is no difference between level 1 and level 20.
The problem is the animals leave tracks about every 40m apart when roaming, less when feeding, more when fleeing. Because of MP, you can't change those distances as a beginner hunting with level 20 would also have to see the tracks much closer together. Or the veteran would have to see them further apart to accommodate the beginner. ??

However, they could increase the distance at which you can see the tracks with higher levels. e.g. a beginner only sees tracks 10m away, where a level 20 sees them at 40m.

Belorian wrote:you have to click much more track the gap between level 4-5 and level 1-2 is about 10times more
I see 37.5 regular tracks to get to level 2, and 150 regular tracks to get to level 5. Where I learned math, that's 4x more. ;)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have this advice for new players. Every time you pick up an animal, make sure to first read at least three tracks. Then let the other tracks alone, harvest and move on. You level up pretty fast that way.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Belorian
Hunter

Post by Belorian »

Tod1d wrote:
Belorian wrote:you have to click much more track the gap between level 4-5 and level 1-2 is about 10times more
I see 37.5 regular tracks to get to level 2, and 150 regular tracks to get to level 5. Where I learned math, that's 4x more. ;)

sorry i forgot to add to end of that Giant smiley Emoji and Sarcasm my bad.

i was not being serious more just a lol over the years since we started i think players have clicked more tracks than there have been humans alive in human history well over 10,000,000,000 tracks clicked by community im sure
~~HUNTING RIG~~
// CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.6Ghz || GPU: GTX1060 @ 2.2Ghz || RAM: DDR3 @ 1.9Ghz \\
// TRACK IR(Head Tracking) || FULL DETAIL @ 3660 x 1660 on 50" 4K OLED TV \\
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Belorian wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

sorry i forgot to add to end of that Giant smiley Emoji and Sarcasm my bad.

i was not being serious more just a lol over the years since we started i think players have clicked more tracks than there have been humans alive in human history well over 10,000,000,000 tracks clicked by community im sure
Even with the smiley or sarcasm, it's still unclear if you're disputing my numbers (which is OK if you have data to support it.), exaggerating for effect, or bashing the tracking system in general.
AGC

Post by AGC »

Very interesting! You did a nice job! Thanks!
AGC - Old Boys Hunters Brazil
Visit our Instagram :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/old.boys.hunters.brasil

ripsix

Post by ripsix »

When everyone says to track the first 3, does it have to be continuous? If I'm following a herd should I make sure to follow the same animal for 3 consecutive tracks, or can I just click them all and eventually I'll get 3 of each in the entire herd?

A lot of theorycrafting in this thread so maybe I missed my answer.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

ripsix wrote:When everyone says to track the first 3, does it have to be continuous? If I'm following a herd should I make sure to follow the same animal for 3 consecutive tracks, or can I just click them all and eventually I'll get 3 of each in the entire herd?

A lot of theorycrafting in this thread so maybe I missed my answer.
Just any three tracks will do. Could be a call now, a track 10 minutes later, and another even later. It is the first three tracks that you ID with the Huntermate, not the ones the animal made.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Guides”