Animal Maps - Where to find the different species

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Animal Maps - Where to find the different species

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Bort wrote:Thanks. More areas than just the mid tower? If you can tell me where to add the icon them I'll add it. I haven't seen any from the South Tower so the icon doesn't belong in that area unless someone can confirm they've consistently seen them there.

I'd like to see the wiki for our beloved game be up to date and accurate. I hope the Wiki team accepts this kind of help from the community.
In addition to the mid tower, I've spotted and harvested many bobcat all around the north tower to the lakes area, and the road just south of the north tower. You could put an icon next to the north tower and the lakes area and that would be correct.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
Bort wrote:Thanks. More areas than just the mid tower? If you can tell me where to add the icon them I'll add it. I haven't seen any from the South Tower so the icon doesn't belong in that area unless someone can confirm they've consistently seen them there.

I'd like to see the wiki for our beloved game be up to date and accurate. I hope the Wiki team accepts this kind of help from the community.
In addition to the mid tower, I've spotted and harvested many bobcat all around the north tower to the lakes area, and the road just south of the north tower. You could put an icon next to the north tower and the lakes area and that would be correct.
I've updated [the thread I originally posted the images in]. I added Mule Deer to the South Tower area too because my last few sessions on LP that's all I was getting there other than Pheasant and Hog. Go figure, I'm after Whitetail. I tried the Mid tower first then went South. In a 4 hour session I only saw 2 Whitetail Doe.
Just a funny. I love how Mule Deer look and gm$ is gm$.

Do you mean the road just south of the Mid tower? That would make sense. IMO just having the icon at the North Tower covers the road south of it.
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

The Bobcat icon should be included with the others near the canyon on LP. I was doing the final Feral Hog mission and killed one and tracked 2 others, one of which was calling. Another hunt a day later I killed another one, had another call which I spooked, and tracked a third. Kills were NW of the Canyon bridge icon (26m from -9228, 7281) and just South of the gap between the Whitetail and Mule icon (64m from -8924, 7598). The area at the inverted V junction and near the Power Line is where I had calls. Unless they're two random one-off spawns it indicates a definite presence, and it's no better or worse than I did hunting around the Middle Tower on LP in the past.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Jimmy Rustle wrote:The Bobcat icon should be included with the others near the canyon on LP. I was doing the final Feral Hog mission and killed one and tracked 2 others, one of which was calling. Another hunt a day later I killed another one, had another call which I spooked, and tracked a third. Kills were NW of the Canyon bridge icon (26m from -9228, 7281) and just South of the gap between the Whitetail and Mule icon (64m from -8924, 7598). The area at the inverted V junction and near the Power Line is where I had calls. Unless they're two random one-off spawns it indicates a definite presence, and it's no better or worse than I did hunting around the Middle Tower on LP in the past.
I was considering putting the icon there. I haven't seen any there but my last game I found tracks from 3 of them in a small section of that area. Where I found the tracks is if you drew a straight line south from the middle of the canyon and a straight line east from the south tower where the lines would intersect is about where I found the tracks.

I'd like to be sure they're there consistently enough to update the map and request it's updated. I think if we find them there consistently, like in 6 or more hunts consecutively, I'll add them where they're found. I don't want to ask the wiki gets updated if them being there is a temporary thing. I don't remember Bobcats being on Loggers Point the last time I played which might have been more than a year ago. Is it new that they're on that reserve?

I haven't ever seen as many of them at once as I'm seeing the last few weeks on LP.

I haven't tracked them too much yet. I guess I will and see how far they're roaming.
The odd thing is when I see them I'm seeing 3 to 5 at a time. Bobcats aren't pack animals they're loners in real life.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

May a moderator please update the map on page one to have this one. :)

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Done. Thanks for the update!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Is anyone noticing a reduction in kangaroo or feral hogs on the right side of the map? Or is it unaffected by the latest update and it's just +axis and no tweaks to other species in that area?
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

curlyCoyote wrote:Is anyone noticing a reduction in kangaroo or feral hogs on the right side of the map? Or is it unaffected by the latest update and it's just +axis and no tweaks to other species in that area?
Nope! I didn't notice a difference at all or drop in numbers of, hogs, kangaroo, or sheep.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

That's good to know InvisibleFlame, I'm always afraid that the numbers of other species in that area where a new species is released, will be a lot lower.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

curlyCoyote wrote:That's good to know InvisibleFlame, I'm always afraid that the numbers of other species in that area where a new species is released, will be a lot lower.
Fingers crossed! Things can change. ;)

Return to “Fan Guides”