Today (Thurs 26th March Updates)

Announcements regarding theHunter Classic BETA.
Here you will find important information, news & advice from the Devs.
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Today (Thurs 26th March Updates)

Post by LeMetatron »

Hi All,

As some of you may have noticed I've been a little quiet of recent, but please don't worry because the rest of the crew here at Emote & Avalanche have been plenty busy in my absence.

Over the past few weeks we've seen lots of posts and lots of mails about a variety of subjects but I know several have been at the top of peoples' lists.

Firstly we are proud to announce that the EmoteLauncher has been updated and will now allow you to select an installation path for theHunter other than direct to your C Drive, in addition new players should also see improvements to download speeds as well. We very much hope that with the new server set-up this should mean no repeat of the issues we saw a few weeks ago and that All our fans have the best opportunity to play and enjoy theHunter.

For all of you who have been looking at theHunter Leaderboards and despaired of seeing your name in lights, or if you have been at the top of the Leaderboard and fear for some young sharp eyed buck coming to steal your thunder then Doc has some great news about theHunter Hall of Fame, so make sure you have your scope zero'd and your favourite hunting spot picked out. :D

Also the news I know that many of you have been waiting for "What About the Elk?", we would recommend checking out the latest Screenshots and the latest Developer Blog for an sneaky peek at the EHR's coming attractions.

And for those of you who share Drumsticks passion for Turkey targets, it's time to polish up that 12 Gauge for the a little Turkey Target Practice
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Today (Thurs 26th March Updates)

Post by outrider »

great news, thanks LeMetatron.. :P :P
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

tracker
Hunter

Post by tracker »

I have a question, the blog says: "Remember though, to hunt the Roosevelt Elk and receive a preview month with the new firearms you'll need to be a warden."

The description for the warden license says:

"Special 'Warden' status: receive a free 1 month licence for ALL new animals and firearms as they are released!

AND Free Elk licence, when Elk are released*!"

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like you get a free one month license for all animals, but when elk are released you get a free license (no time period mentioned) I assume for the duration of your warden license. However, you don't get the firearms to hunt them, but for a month? It confuses me. So, will we only get to hunt elk for one month? Or for the duration of our permits? Or do we only get the weapons for a month and then have to buy separate permits for the weapons even though elk are present?
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

I can confirm that if you are a warden then you get the Free Elk license and that stays on your permit for as long as your Warden status last.

The Free Month Previews apply to new weapons and items which are added to theHunter, such as the new weapons mentioned in the same Blog.

Thanks for bringing this up, the wording on the Blog is being checked and an amendment will likely to be made to make matters clearer. :D

Hope that clears things up. :D
JohnDoe
Scout

Post by JohnDoe »

Nice that you guys/gals have fixed the install path issue, but now one BIG question...how do i uninstall the previous version??
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

JohnDoe wrote:Nice that you guys/gals have fixed the install path issue, but now one BIG question...how do i uninstall the previous version??
There is an uninstall button on the EmoteLauncher if you activate it from your task bar, alternatively look for the Emote folder in the Program Manager in your Control Panel.

When you re-install the EmoteLauncher select the installation path for the launcher and that will automatically also be the path for the client. :D
tracker
Hunter

Post by tracker »

LeMetatron wrote:I can confirm that if you are a warden then you get the Free Elk license and that stays on your permit for as long as your Warden status last.

The Free Month Previews apply to new weapons and items which are added to theHunter, such as the new weapons mentioned in the same Blog.

Thanks for bringing this up, the wording on the Blog is being checked and an amendment will likely to be made to make matters clearer. :D

Hope that clears things up. :D
So, if the weapons are only for a month... how will we hunt Elk? (What's the point of having the license without the weapon? or am I still not understanding this?) Don't we need said weapons to hunt them, as the .243 isn't big enough? Thanks!
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

One of the other aspects we are working on at the moment is theHunter Store and working towards microtransactions, which will allow people to tailor their playing experience more to what they want to play.

I will check with the Dev Team and see if we can release any information about how things are planned and update everyone as soon as I have something concrete.
tracker
Hunter

Post by tracker »

LeMetatron wrote:One of the other aspects we are working on at the moment is theHunter Store and working towards microtransactions, which will allow people to tailor their playing experience more to what they want to play.

I will check with the Dev Team and see if we can release any information about how things are planned and update everyone as soon as I have something concrete.
Thanks! It had already been implied that we would eventually just get to buy what we want to, that it was going to be like that. However, IMHO, if the elk license is included in the warden pass, a weapon to hunt it should be included too.
supadoopatroopa

Post by supadoopatroopa »

If we don't get to have the gun to kill elk with, but we DO get the permit and are able to see elk roaming about, doesn't that go against the whole "ethical hunting" principle by taunting those who don't buy the weapon with their presence? Doesn't giving us a license but making us pay for the gun just tempt us to kill them with a different gun, breaking the rules?

Oh well, as long as the gun doesn't cost too much, and is permanent once you buy it (nobody likes having to keep track of more than 1 subscription :P), I will get the gun anyways. :D

Return to “Official Information & Staff Announcements”