Howdy

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Serengetti

Howdy

Post by Serengetti »

I just started Hunter Classic last week and am having a ball. But being almost eighty years old, makes a lot of this technology a little difficult to figure out - or maybe I'm just dumb (LOL). I have been an avid hunter all my life, and can say this game feels so much like the real thing! Thanks and congratulations to all the folks who put it together. Nice job!
P.S. Any suggestions for this very old newbie will be appreciated.
jttoo
Hunter

Re: Howdy

Post by jttoo »

Welcome to the game and forum Serengetti!

You may want to start watching some of HooCairs videos, like his beginner series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... pUlom9-D7i
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Welcome, Serengetti! Yes, the beginner videos are a great thing for learning about this wonderful game- and many are just fun to watch as well! And, no excuses about having difficulties because of your age - you are not the oldest one here on the forum, nor playing! ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It's always nice to see someone new to the forum and to the game. Howdy! Howdy! Howdy! Serengetti!!

You're right, this is a wonderful game, and you're going to enjoy every minute you spend here. So many cool people to get to know, and so many great maps and species to keep you interested!! While you're here, check out BCKidd's Community Comps for some super friends and a ton of generous prizes!! Don't be afraid to ask about anything at all, because the game can be frustrating at times too. :lol: There's always plenty more to learn, and to discover!! See you around the trails eh? Jimbo ;)
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the game and and forum :)
Serengetti wrote:Any suggestions for this very old newbie will be appreciated.
I am not the youngest myself and might have some ideas. :)

I was going to write some tips here but then decided to create a new Wiki article.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Accessibility

Any additional tips by anyone are welcome. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Serengetti wrote:I just started Hunter Classic last week and am having a ball. But being almost eighty years old, makes a lot of this technology a little difficult to figure out - or maybe I'm just dumb (LOL). I have been an avid hunter all my life, and can say this game feels so much like the real thing! Thanks and congratulations to all the folks who put it together. Nice job!
Howdy,

Just so you won't feel alone. I just turned 80 last month and I also hunted all my life. Elk, muley's and black bear. Mostly in Colorado. Where did you hunt and for what?

Old farts never quit. We just slow down a little. :)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Hello Serengitti and welcome to the Hunter Classic and Forum.
Always very glad to see new members discovering the best hunting/adventure outdoors game ever!
Be sure and spend some time checking the WIKI out, you won't be bored!
And here at the Forum there is a wealth of knowledge, fun and the best gathering of those who love this Classic game!
Great to have you here! 8-)
Spoiler:
Serengetti

Post by Serengetti »

OldMtnMan wrote:
Serengetti wrote:I just started Hunter Classic last week and am having a ball. But being almost eighty years old, makes a lot of this technology a little difficult to figure out - or maybe I'm just dumb (LOL). I have been an avid hunter all my life, and can say this game feels so much like the real thing! Thanks and congratulations to all the folks who put it together. Nice job!
Howdy,
Just so you won't feel alone. I just turned 80 last month and I also hunted all my life. Elk, muley's and black bear. Mostly in Colorado. Where did you hunt and for what?

Old farts never quit. We just slow down a little. :)
I live in Montana. Still hunt, but not as much as when I was younger ... I mean not so old (LOL). I especially like hunting antelope, and still chase elk once in a while.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Welcome Serengetti! As mentioned above, you have stumbled upon one of the best if not the BEST hunting game available! I hope you'll enjoy your stay and may it be a long one! I'll see you out there. 8-)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, good. I love Montana.

I lost interest in hunting antelope when I tasted it. Maybe it wasn't taken care of. I should have got a tag and shot one and tried the meat with me taken care of it. I had a lot of them where I hunted.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “New Player Introductions”