Hello Hunters!

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Willito33

Hello Hunters!

Post by Willito33 »

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex, I’ve just started an account on classic after a long time playing COTW. Enjoying the greater challenge and increased realism and somehow managed to snag a 229.9 Mule deer yesterday which puts me 12th on the leaderboard! Beginners luck.

Still finding my way around so please excuse any stupid questions i ask.
BCKidd

Re: Hello Hunters!

Post by BCKidd »

Welcome to theHunter Classic, Willito33! It is a great game and a pretty decent Forum. Lots of info can be gleaned reading some threads. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the game and forum Willito33 :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Welcome, Willito3! I'm sure you'll love this game, and the community is awesome. There is a lot of help here on the forum, the Discord channel, social media groups and more. There are lots of long-time players that will help you do missions, which is a good way to start earning gm$. Earning gm$ is how you play the game completely for free, but do keep in mind, as you grow to love the game, the purchase of em$ is what pays the bills to keep the game alive.* ;)

There are no stupid questions, but to help you out before you ask, you should check out the wiki. There is a ton of information there, and I reference back to it all the time -https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Getting_Started

*This is actually the answer to one question ALL the newbies ask: "Why are there no sales using gm$?" So that's one less question you can ask! ;) :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Willito33

Post by Willito33 »

Thanks for the welcomes.

Hoo you’re YouTube video tutorials are what got me going.

Splainin2do I’ve bought 2k ems to get me going and support the game. I’m working my way through the missions now with the B&C clothes and the 9.3x74r. I managed to find a piebald blacktail (only a doe unfortunately) today, are they more common than I’d expect or have I been incredibly lucky?
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Good choice for a first purchased weapon, IMO! With that, you can now hunt every animal in the EHR.

As far as the piebald - congrats! I'd say lucky! :) Let's reference the wiki - https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Fur_Variations

"... Rare = This variation is very rare and can be considered a trophy when found. The chance for seeing* rares is more around the 1:1000 range (estimation based on animals seen).
*Seeing, not harvesting or spotting. Many animals seen (e.g. in a herd) are never spotted, let alone harvested."
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “New Player Introductions”