For Any Fisherman Out There...

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: For Any Fisherman Out There...

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ah, ok. :lol:
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: For Any Fisherman Out There...

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Maxmunger8 wrote:I was wondering what type of rod and reels you guys are currently using right now? When I was a little younger I bought a Abu Garcia Black Max bait-caster because it was a cheap reel I could use in order to teach myself how to use a bait-caster. I ended up loving it, and am still using it today. I put a Abu Garcia Vengeance rod on it and I had a perfect setup. I recently bought a Pflueger President Xl reel and bought a Lews Rod to put on it. I still enjoy both of these set-ups today, so what equipment is your go to?

Have a good day,

Max.
Was browsing threads about the outdoors and couldn't help respond to this one. Growing up, my dad being crazy for fishing, dragged me out fishing every weekend and every chance he could get. Personally I was never big on fishing. I would have enjoyed hunting growing up much more. But that didn't happen. We fish mostly Sturgeon and Steelhead here in the Pacific NW WA state. I still go fishing with dad every once in a while, not because I like fishing, but to spend time with my old man. He's got boxes and boxes of reels. I know some of his favorite rods and reels are his very large Lamiglas reels for Sturgeon, and his 700 Shimono open face reels for his sturgeon rods. I know he has many nice other reels for the Steelhead and Trout poles.

Never been fly fishing. Bet that's fun!

It's not my favorite thing in the world, but I do still like to fish sometimes. Generally, I like anything that gets me out in the great outdoors. I'm hoping to get my old man out this year for clam digging at the beach.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”