Firearms Market & Industry News | Recent News

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Firearms Market & Industry News | Recent News

Post by Radamus »

L3M182 wrote:its 100% controlled and intentional im sure. the US always seems to have an ammo shortage crisis.and it never affects the Uk at all we can still buy everything fine with no shortage and its all US manufactured stuff. i know you guys shoot way more than us but you still dont shoot more than they can manufacture. a big plant at full chat will knowck out 100,000 a day. if they starve the market when they reflood it you all bulk buy at silly prices. why would they make a supply to meet demand?.....
I watched a vid from a youtuber, Colion Noir, yesterday discussing this very topic and he makes some good points because we also wonder about "conspiracies" - In the last year there's been like 5-8 million NEW gun owners in the US. All those new folks have to buy ammo so there's hundreds of millions of rounds JUST from the new gun owners. So conspiracy? it makes for juicy chit-chat, but it may just be a matter of numbers. the best thing that ever happens to the firearms industry in America is usually an election especially with our new bozo who claims to want to take em away from us - So, we stock up *I lost all of mine in a boating accident fyi* and people go to hoarding - no different than toilet paper.

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Radamus wrote:
L3M182 wrote:its 100% controlled and intentional im sure. the US always seems to have an ammo shortage crisis.and it never affects the Uk at all we can still buy everything fine with no shortage and its all US manufactured stuff. i know you guys shoot way more than us but you still dont shoot more than they can manufacture. a big plant at full chat will knowck out 100,000 a day. if they starve the market when they reflood it you all bulk buy at silly prices. why would they make a supply to meet demand?.....
I watched a vid from a youtuber, Colion Noir, yesterday discussing this very topic and he makes some good points because we also wonder about "conspiracies" - In the last year there's been like 5-8 million NEW gun owners in the US. All those new folks have to buy ammo so there's hundreds of millions of rounds JUST from the new gun owners. So conspiracy? it makes for juicy chit-chat, but it may just be a matter of numbers. the best thing that ever happens to the firearms industry in America is usually an election especially with our new bozo who claims to want to take em away from us - So, we stock up *I lost all of mine in a boating accident fyi* and people go to hoarding - no different than toilet paper.

i dont think its a gov conspiracie. i think its ammo manufacturers or distributers or somone somwhere down the line just throttling the supply. otherwise explain to me why america cant get american ammo but the uk and most of the EU can get the stuff no problem and at the same price weve always got it for. This is like the 7th or 8th ammo shortage you guys have had in the last 10 years and it for sure wont be the last. youd think if it is just a straight up "we cant make it as quick as you want it" at least one of the big names would have expanded, increased production capabilities, or started to stock pile themselves when times are good, ammo take decades to go bad. its always the same "this has suprised us were running the factory round the clock, in the mean time pay 300% on what we drip feed you".
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Oh I have no doubts that the makers enjoy a little chaos and take advantage of it. Greed is a mighty powerful drug that has a constant cast of addicts.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”