Any photographers here?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Columbo
Tracker

Re: Any photographers here?

Post by Columbo »

Thanks Tann, that´s one of my favorites too!
CalloftheWild

Post by CalloftheWild »

Great pictures everyone! I love photography, but how do I post my pictures on here. I have them on Google photos but can't figure out how to get them on here?
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

CalloftheWild wrote:but how do I post my pictures on here. I have them on Google photos but can't figure out how to get them on here?
That seems to be a problem in many forums by a quick googling. Did you try those image tags already? Place the link of the picture in the middle of them [img]linkhere[/img]. This forum only allows pics that are 960 pixels wide, so there might also be one problem. You have to adjust the opening pictures size by adding /_small.jpg or /_medium.jpg at the end of the link inside the tags.

If this doesn´t help, could you just send the link here and maybe someone could try to find a solution.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

For larger images use the bigimg tags:

Code: Select all

[bigimg]path to image[/bigimg]
Very nice photos Columbo!
CalloftheWild

Post by CalloftheWild »

Thanks for the help! I had already tried using the image tag, but then I tried right clicking on the image and opening it in a new tab and copying that URL. And it worked.
Here are some of my better pictures from the last year.
Sunset
Sunset
Sunset
Sunset
Stream
Bougainvillea against the sunset
Rose
Northern Bobwhite
Juvenile Barn Swallow
Black-rumped FlameBack
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

Thanks "calblu"...

Those sunset colored skies never look bad CalloftheWild, and the stream makes me want to go fishing :D
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

It has been pretty quiet in here.
haven't been too active on the forums for a long time.
Here is a small story.

You remember that i told that i went to the 'Veluwe'? That is a reserve where animals live and people come to cycle and make photo's of Red deers, Wild Boars , Roe deers etc.
I went to the park when there was the rutting period for Red deers. (Where they fight for the females etc).

Made some pretty nice photo's there with my 70-300mm lens.

Here was a red deer calling for the ladies and just taking a bath.

later in the evening i went to a place where the sun was going down and i could make backlight photo's, where i made these ones.

And last but not least, i made a nice panorama during the day.

When i got home and got so excited with the results, i bought myself a good upgrade.
Got myself a D7200 and a 150-600mm Tamron G2 lens, i will go this year again and do my best to get even better pictures.
I also have a trip planned to a bird cabin where i can photograph buzzards and other birds from up close.

Cheers!
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Those are fantastic! I love to take nature photographs. Unfortunately I don't have a nice camera like you do. The one with the silhouette of the stag roaring is incredible!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

DarkHunterXX wrote: later in the evening i went to a place where the sun was going down and i could make backlight photo's, where i made these ones.
Love the colors in these two, good work! Looking forward for the photos with the new gear, sounds like a killer combo...

I was also thinking of upgrading my D7000 to D7200 recently, but instead I bought a mirrorless Fuji. That's a lightweight option to carry around and it's also funny to play around with some old manual lenses. Still own the Nikon though, got so many lenses that I found it hard to just let them go. With an adapter they fit the Fuji as well.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Those pictures are great! Looks really cold there because I can see the elks breath in the 2nd picture.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”