Any photographers here?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Any photographers here?

Post by Hawkeye »

That's so awesome, Hoo! Been on my bucket list forever, but seeming less & less likely.
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

A little bump for this thread... Haven´t been too active neither with the game nor the forum lately.

Here´s a few fox cubs from last summer captured at my work. They were quite shy but also certain curiosity was pretty clear, checking the two legged monster from behind the weeds an stuff. Their nest was in a huge pile of stumps. First time I noticed them they had a clue about me before I realized there´s these little creatures. They ran away and hid around the field. After that I was more careful on my approaches, started sneaking from a good distance. The weather at the time was quite hot, so there was a couple of times I managed to get pretty close to the cubs that were sunbathing around the stumps. Hiding behind available obstacles so that they could only see my head/hand/camera did the trick. The camera shutter made them a little curious but as I wasn´t too scary to them from my hideouts, they just continued their sleep.

One time I caught them playing with each other. The biggest cub was quite a bully pushing others down and biting the smallest cubs tail :D The biggest cub was doing even longer expeditions around it´s home but still a human was too much as it did quite a run back home after noticing me one day. The speed was so much that when it started to slow down close to the pile of stumps it just fell down and was sliding on it´s side for a while, poor thing...
A few whitetails from the last summer as well. Shot these at quite late hours, happy for the lighter summer nights.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Very nice pics , thx for sharing !
That 3rd Fox one melts my heart ! Very cute !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

Thanks Dyeuz, I find the same picture to be one of my favorites too. The situation started with both sleeping, the other just reacted to the noise of the camera for a while and continued the naps.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Awwww ! Really great pictures man .

How can they be comfortable in there !? :lol: As long as they are together i guess, all will be good ! ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Really great photos Columbo!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Those are great! Nice job!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

Thanks folks, glad you liked :)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”