Sasquatch--Do You Believe

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
BCKidd

Re: Sasquatch--Do You Believe

Post by BCKidd »

buckdoekill wrote:did anyone else see the bigfoot pic in the one thehunter pic where the guy said it was from a later version of the game?
that is wicked but I think its photoshoped
Yep, and yes I believe it was photoshoped. There was another one too where someone posted a foot print (track) and claimed to have seen it as well. One never knows I guess. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
LordBazooka
Hunter

Post by LordBazooka »

I believe that we have alot of previously undiscovered species living on this planet. A sentient humanoid living in the woods is hard to believe tough. As well as some other species rumored to be out there.
However i can really see why to chase after clues and hints, and since it doesn´t hurt anyone it´s cool with me and could also be alot of fun. Given the chance i would even accompany someone searching for big foot in the woods.

The "species" i would go after however, if I were a cryptozoologist, would be the the Bahkauv from the city of Aachen. A specimen resembling a calf with scales and sharp teeth living in the springs near the city. It waited for drunk people on their way home from the tavern, pushing them off the road and hindering them from getting up again. :D

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahkauv
HunterStrait
Scout

Post by HunterStrait »

No not really.
The show "finding Bigfoot" really ruined it.
There was one episode where a ton of coyotes were going off and they thought they were bigfoots.
Lenkos
Scout

Post by Lenkos »

HunterStrait wrote:No not really.
The show "finding Bigfoot" really ruined it.
There was one episode where a ton of coyotes were going off and they thought they were bigfoots.
Yeah that show is stupid.

I would LOVE for them to be real, but I'm too much of a sceptic.
Gooseman81
Outfitter

Post by Gooseman81 »

i actually know some teens, who made fake foot prints of bigfoot to show them to the media and some tourists...so no i dont believe in it
extremebowhunter12
Hunter

Post by extremebowhunter12 »

I don't believe tbh, there is a lot of fake crap all over the place on it. Also wouldn't someone have shot one of them dang things by now? I mean really, out of all the hunters we have no one has ever shot one and brought it back? Another thing is, on a lot of those videos, its from people who know nothing about the woods, loud as heck, and yet not even a hunter can find one, to me that don't seem right. There is too much fake and not enough proof... yada yada, then you can say what about god... well is god actually walking around as a different species and supposed sightings of them and fake proof... I don't think so. If there was one, id think I would know as im an avid hunter and cover many miles, also I know a lot of people who hunt and do the same... and I have never, ever heard of any bigfoot sightings, nor has some idiot with a gun shot one and brought it back. heck someone would too cause I bet someone could make a ton of money off something like that. so how I will sit on it as just another made up fairy tale that was made up or mistaken for a bear or what not years ago. so overall im not a believer of the sasquatch.
Outacontrol
Outfitter

Post by Outacontrol »

I can not say they do or do not exist. The paradox is that many people that say there is no Bigfoot because they have seen no definitive evidence will say they believe in a magic invisible man in the sky. There is equal amount of definitive evidence of both which is none. There is provocative evidence but nothing concrete. I have no opinion either way on either subject so I am an agnostic in both instances. I used the comparison just to illustrate how different people might view two separate subjects with an outside influenced point of view.

Even though I do not know, I would really like hope there is a Bigfoot. It is an intriguing thought that maybe there is another hominid species out there similar to ourselves and possibly a piece of an evolutionary mystery that predates human existence on the planet. Even though it is probably doubtful that they do exist, I still hope they do. I would like to see one found but then again, if they do exist, it would probably be better off if one is never found.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

As I often point out to people who talk about Bigfoot and other creatures that are suggested to exist but no proof exists (technically called cryptids), when you are dealing with living organisms, you have a few biological rules that you just can't get around.

1.) Living things have specific diets and have to eat. So when you're dealing with an unknown cryptid, you have to ask "What do these organisms eat? Where do they get their food to survive, and do they have the food needed to survive in sufficient quantities for a colony?" This leads into point #2.

2.) Living things have to reproduce in order to keep turning up. Since nothing lives forever, you have to have a breeding colony. You also have to have dense enough numbers within the geographic range they exist in so that they can find each other to mate in the first place. And then on top of that, not only do you have a breeding colony, but you have to have enough members to make up for natural mortality rates (old age) as well as incidental mortality rates (falling off a cliff, death during childbirth, eating poison berries, etc). You can't have "just enough" to reproduce, because if one accidental death happens, the whole cycle goes crumbling down. You need a large enough colony to handle mortality rates, both natural and incidental. And remember how I mentioned you have to have a dense enough population in a geographic location? Well it's can't be too dense, or you'll have too much competition for resources, fighting and high mortality. This leads into point #3.

3.) Living things eventually die. When living things eventually die, they leave a trace. On a long-term scale, we talk about these things in terms of fossils. In the short-term, we talk about bones. The trace of organisms on an environment remains even after the organism is long gone. This leads into point #4.

4.) Living things change their environment. All living things, because they follow certain actions common to living species (birth, eating, respiration, reproduction, excretion, death, etc), not only react to change in their environments, but also are actors for change themselves. A population which reproduces too quickly will find themselves overpopulated and the environment will become barren of resources. More advanced animals will use tools which modify their environment. Even excretion, such as from animals like cows, change atmospheric conditions. The simple act of locomotion leaves tracks. And all complex life leaves DNA evidence behind, both in life and death. These things do not go unnoticed, and is a common way that people discover new species.

So whenever people tell you about bigfoot (or the Loch Ness Monster, or the giant squid that lives in some underwater cavern somewhere), you have to ask yourself those questions to see if it checks out.
A1n4n0o4
Outfitter

Post by A1n4n0o4 »

The only proof I will ever accept is a dead bigfoot that was shot by someone.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

There is a book, that everyone who has an interest in Sasquatch/Bigfoot might want to read. It's very well researched, and written.
There is a lot of information dealing with reality, skepticism, history and natural science, facts and fiction.
The author, Jeff Meldrum, Ph.D. is an associate professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho University and affiliate curator of the Idaho Museum of Natural History.
For those who believe Sasquatch truly exists, it gives you a treasure of information and history. And for anyone who might think that it is only a myth, legend, and a farce, it might just leave you wondering and thinking, Sasquatch could be out there.
It's a great book and well worth the investment.

"Sasquatch, Legend Meets Science" by author, Jeff Meldrum, Ph.D.
Here's a link to Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Sasquatch-Legend- ... ts+science
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”