Call of the wild theAngler Game Review

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Re: Call of the wild theAngler Game Review

Post by Grizdude »

Thanks for the video, Ron! I can tell you one thing I don't like that I've noticed in your videos is the inability to land your fish. The screen goes black and then it shows you holding your fish. Have you ever lost a fish while trying to land it? I have. I haven't seen much of a fight yet on any of the fish you've caught and no left-to-right action or fish coming out of the water and I don't mean just breaking the top of the water, I mean jumping out trying to spit the hook out. As nice as it looks... I'll pass for now until they add some more content to make it more believable. I'm wondering.... can you troll?
ilovesmokes

Post by ilovesmokes »

The more and more I look into this game, the less and less excited I get about it.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Grizdude wrote:Thanks for the video, Ron! I can tell you one thing I don't like that I've noticed in your videos is the inability to land your fish. The screen goes black and then it shows you holding your fish. Have you ever lost a fish while trying to land it? I have. I haven't seen much of a fight yet on any of the fish you've caught and no left-to-right action or fish coming out of the water and I don't mean just breaking the top of the water, I mean jumping out trying to spit the hook out. As nice as it looks... I'll pass for now until they add some more content to make it more believable. I'm wondering.... can you troll?
hi griz ! there isnt a netting animation yet. its one of the first things i mentioned to the devs that it should be in game. so hopefully it gets added in the future. yes i have lost fish but not too many. as for fights trust me you can have really good fights but the thing is the higher end gear should be dearer as once you get high end gear you can literally reel in most things easy. some of the big fish you will still get snapped if you dont play them right on the highend gear.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

ilovesmokes wrote:The more and more I look into this game, the less and less excited I get about it.
its a fun game but it needs some tweaks updates.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

ronMctube wrote:
Grizdude wrote:Thanks for the video, Ron! I can tell you one thing I don't like that I've noticed in your videos is the inability to land your fish. The screen goes black and then it shows you holding your fish. Have you ever lost a fish while trying to land it? I have. I haven't seen much of a fight yet on any of the fish you've caught and no left-to-right action or fish coming out of the water and I don't mean just breaking the top of the water, I mean jumping out trying to spit the hook out. As nice as it looks... I'll pass for now until they add some more content to make it more believable. I'm wondering.... can you troll?
hi griz ! there isnt a netting animation yet. its one of the first things i mentioned to the devs that it should be in game. so hopefully it gets added in the future. yes i have lost fish but not too many. as for fights trust me you can have really good fights but the thing is the higher end gear should be dearer as once you get high end gear you can literally reel in most things easy. some of the big fish you will still get snapped if you dont play them right on the highend gear.
Thanks for responding and answering my questions Ron. I'm sure it will get better down the road.
Saretu

Post by Saretu »

Fishing, open-world adventures, great nature simulation - no matter what the bar you set for Call of the Wild: The Angler, it will meet your criteria. Quiet but never boring, with beautiful graphics and rich and engaging fishing mechanics, The Angler is one of those rare games that creates a class of its own. You have never played a game like this, and probably rarely have you played it so well, doing what it was meant to do. Highly recommended, even for those who may not think they will enjoy fishing games.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Is the retrieval of fish still the same as it is shown on this August video? Just darkening the screen instead of pulling it out of water, picking with a net or a hand, etc?
If so, the game lack the most important moments of fishing...

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

_dfad_ wrote:Is the retrieval of fish still the same as it is shown on this August video? Just darkening the screen instead of pulling it out of water, picking with a net or a hand, etc?
If so, the game lack the most important moments of fishing...
there isnt a landing net animation but there is lots of changes now. really is starting to get a lot of fun and looks stunning. its only just starting out but its going the right way.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”