Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
pastuh
Scout

Re: Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Post by pastuh »

Recent gameplay video looks good.

Strange why this game use such old rain effects technique..
In reality you can't see so close specific rain drops.. At this moment feels as it move through eyeballs.
Also I didn't see any water on weapon scope..
Obvious it's not super realistic game, but well.. if wind exist, so rain should work correct too :X
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

its super realistic. im playing it currently. been playing it for a week. making videos on gameplay and all aspects. i can show them from tomorrow. when the embargo lifts.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

WotH seems to make the same mistake as CotW. They never show anywhere WHAT WEAPON is being used. When you are new to the game, you just have no idea what is being used. Just watched a vidoe. There is so much info on the screen when taking a shot, but nope, the weapon used remains a secret. Honestly even when playing yourself, don't you need that reassurance at least in the early days that you are holding the weapon that you think you are holding?

Can this be turned on in the settings?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

HooCairs wrote:WotH seems to make the same mistake as CotW. They never show anywhere WHAT WEAPON is being used. When you are new to the game, you just have no idea what is being used. Just watched a vidoe. There is so much info on the screen when taking a shot, but nope, the weapon used remains a secret. Honestly even when playing yourself, don't you need that reassurance at least in the early days that you are holding the weapon that you think you are holding?

lol was doing a daily mission on bison yesterday. Carried a .17 and a 7mm scout rifle. Yes you can already see where this is going :p

Started off shooting a sitka with the .17 by misstake. Then I decided to miss another sitka with the scout. Then I shot a moose with the hv round of the scout! And then learning from my misstakes I took care to shoot the bison with the 7mm hp rounds with the scout.

I think doc is working hard on a permanent bann from classic.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I posted this on Discord and one of the devs said others had requested the same and they would be looking into it.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

HooCairs wrote:WotH seems to make the same mistake as CotW. They never show anywhere WHAT WEAPON is being used. When you are new to the game, you just have no idea what is being used. Just watched a vidoe. There is so much info on the screen when taking a shot, but nope, the weapon used remains a secret. Honestly even when playing yourself, don't you need that reassurance at least in the early days that you are holding the weapon that you think you are holding?

you have your inventory with your items in. so you know what you using. cause its a new game and different to classic you have to just think differently. i can see this being one of the best hunting games period.

also there is a day 1 patch tomorrow. also they are asking what people want tweaking changing. they do look like they want to make it as good as it can be there is so much in the game its a gem . sure somethings wont be ideal but this is launch. classic had massive issues at launch yet still became the best hunting game. i think way of the hunter will also do that.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Tried a bit now. I am sure I won´t regret the purchase I surely enjoy the atmosphere and it´s new and fresh but I kind of wanted a bit more. Graphics is actually really dated. But it works a bit like nostalgia because I can sense the art style back to cabela pro hunter. I am actually not super picky about visuals anymore if it works it works and this will work. I use max settings at 4K. Performance is quite okay on my 3080 based computer at least. But feels like I should be getting at least 240 fps instead of struggling to get to 60.
It´s a lot more a shooting gallery then expected. Animals just spawns around me like crazy. I suspect it´s due to being on the tutorial bit still and this will change I imagine. I guess I should go to transylvania and check this. Shoot and animals are back in 2 minutes if not the herd you spooked one of the four other in the area.

Also make no misstake it´s a pure console game. You are NOT supposed to run this with a mouse and keyboard thus no ability to map your keys. Maybe shouldn´t be released on PC. I decided to play the game as intended with gamepad and it did make more sense. You can tell how the weapons work etc is all optimized for gamepad. I encountered a reloading bug where it would get stuck in the reloading animation forever. Fast travel was the workaround I found that worked.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

most of what you touched on is already in the works of being sorted. going to be a good game.
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

A keyboard mouse focused control is a must on PC, as is the ability to remap keys to suit personal preference. FPS numbers I couldn't give a stuff about, as long as it looks fluid and doesn't stutter, it's good. From the videos so far it looks great. If I was to whine about about the graphics then I'd say that the look colours look a bit too bright and washed out, especially on the grass, and I'm not a fan on the blurry sides of the screen, at least not to the level that it's done, but I'll get to check out this when my hamster spins his wheel long enough to get the download finished.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Jimmy Rustle wrote:A keyboard mouse focused control is a must on PC, as is the ability to remap keys to suit personal preference. FPS numbers I couldn't give a stuff about, as long as it looks fluid and doesn't stutter, it's good. From the videos so far it looks great. If I was to whine about about the graphics then I'd say that the look colours look a bit too bright and washed out, especially on the grass, and I'm not a fan on the blurry sides of the screen, at least not to the level that it's done, but I'll get to check out this when my hamster spins his wheel long enough to get the download finished.
they are trying to get these in the next few patches

Concerning the following 3 items

Ultrawide Support - Being worked on and we hope to have a solution within the first few patches

FoV slider - Being worked on and we hope to have a solution within the first few patches

Remapping of keys - being working on and we hope to have a solution within the next few patches.

games really good . few issues at launch is normal with any game. they fixed quite a few things when i started from last week in a day one patch yesterday. so few weeks we will probably have these sorted as well. going to be a really good game .

you can play fine already without remapping keys and most of the keys are what other games use anyway. i can understand though if you want to customize to your liking its not ideal.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”