New England Mountains First Hunt & Guide

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: New England Mountains First Hunt & Guide

Post by OldMtnMan »

The natural wood finish was really nice. I'd never change it.

I'm disappointed they put the deer and moose along the rivers. It's too easy. I like hunting in the timber. Are there no deer in the timber?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

OldMtnMan wrote:The natural wood finish was really nice. I'd never change it.

I'm disappointed they put the deer and moose along the rivers. It's too easy. I like hunting in the timber. Are there no deer in the timber?
yeah they are in the woods fields. ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, good. Thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

How broken is it? If its less then 5 euro I may take the hit anyway but if anybody can shock me and you can actually get through the story missions this time I might actually get hyped lol
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Okay it was over 5 euro but bought it. Nice scenery but very hard to hunt in these thick woods. Population really need to rent spawn need zones I guess because you done encounter much walking around.

Appreciate the muzzleloader has no in game cost but why so little smoke :)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Nice looking but it´s hopeless trying to hunt in these woods. So much foliage and very low animal population density. Anything smaller then whitetail deer you just can´t spot in all the bush. Would love to see a generation zero based map. That has more clean graphics like classic and the atmosphere is quite different. I do like the ambients on this one no complaints there :)

inline muzzleloader was a bit of a disappointment. That it can only master body shots on moose was expected but it makes no sound and hardly any smoke. Seems only be required for one mission luckily though. That was my only bug so far it didn´t register my first moose I shot 4 times before it fell all body shots at good angles from front and a broadside. It did register on the second I tracked for 30 minutes though :)

Nice to see real moving trains. I went prone just beside a railway bridge trying to lure a coyote and all of a sudden I hear the train coming just lucky I still got my feet!

So far it ran better then the last 5 reserves so they have broken a downward spiral. But dunno it feels like they are removing animal population in hunt for what a single great one. Not sure it´s the way to go. If the reserves are harder to hunt they should instead compensate with more wildlife or it just gets frustrating for a stalker. Just sitting camping and waiting on a need zone for hours is not my thing.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”