Post by HooCairs »

How do you rate Reindeer

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
james990
Outfitter

Re: Reindeer

Post by james990 »

Before Reindeer was added I always pushed for caribou. I must say that I was extremely excited. When we received them i was surprised in a way of there behavior but I didnt mind it. What i really dislike about them is their antlers in both the males and females. I guess because it is reindeer there different then caribou that always have the huge antler racks. The current antlers are nothing like the nice antlers you see in Northern Canada and Alaska. I hope that one day they swap reindeer for caribou for whatever reason.
What i want!!
Mavrx

Post by Mavrx »

They can do better w/ models and basically the whole visual department. At least for how much I pay :x
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Mavrx wrote:They can do better w/ models and basically the whole visual department. At least for how much I pay :x
I'm genuinely surprised to read such a comment against this animal. The reindeer model is, in my opinion, one of the best in the game. I think they look incredibly realistic. I also think the textures are far beyond that of most other species in the game. So I'm curious to know how exactly the reindeer falls short for you. How would you improve them?
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Mavrx wrote:They can do better w/ models and basically the whole visual department. At least for how much I pay :x
I'm genuinely surprised to read such a comment against this animal. The reindeer model is, in my opinion, one of the best in the game. I think they look incredibly realistic. I also think the textures are far beyond that of most other species in the game. So I'm curious to know how exactly the reindeer falls short for you. How would you improve them?
I agree with you on that. the textures and the looks of the body, neck and head is quite good. I just think the antlers are the real let down for them.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

james990 wrote:Before Reindeer was added I always pushed for caribou. I must say that I was extremely excited. When we received them i was surprised in a way of there behavior but I didnt mind it. What i really dislike about them is their antlers in both the males and females. I guess because it is reindeer there different then caribou that always have the huge antler racks. The current antlers are nothing like the nice antlers you see in Northern Canada and Alaska. I hope that one day they swap reindeer for caribou for whatever reason.
What i want!!
actually, they are basically the same thing. Most female caribou actually do have antlers but forget it. I don't want to fight about it
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

I am very surprised that so many voted the AI with good. For me the AI that makes the herds walk very fast in straight lines is horrible. If i find one of these tracks wich is ~45min old i cant reach the animals even when i run.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Buckkiller4 wrote:
james990 wrote:Before Reindeer was added I always pushed for caribou. I must say that I was extremely excited. When we received them i was surprised in a way of there behavior but I didnt mind it. What i really dislike about them is their antlers in both the males and females. I guess because it is reindeer there different then caribou that always have the huge antler racks. The current antlers are nothing like the nice antlers you see in Northern Canada and Alaska. I hope that one day they swap reindeer for caribou for whatever reason.
What i want!!
actually, they are basically the same thing. Most female caribou actually do have antlers but forget it. I don't want to fight about it
I know the females have antlers irl, never said they didn't. They're just don't look right in the game is my opinion.
Mavrx

Post by Mavrx »

caledonianblues wrote:
I know this is a late response but, I wasn't specific enough and meant that some model like bears could be better. I agree the reindeer is a good one.
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

ForstHeld wrote:I am very surprised that so many voted the AI with good. For me the AI that makes the herds walk very fast in straight lines is horrible. If i find one of these tracks wich is ~45min old i cant reach the animals even when i run.
Reindeer (caribou in North America) cover vast distances in a very short period of time IRL. They can be a real challenge to hunt for this reason. Trying to determine which direction they are going to go and trying to get ahead of them and ambushing them is sometimes the only option. Without some kind of vehicle its hard to do an effective ambush. In the game it seems like the devs replicated this fairly accurately. Unfortunately,it makes them more difficult to hunt than some of the others in the deer family.
Code: Select all

Return to “Animal Reviews”