Comprehensive Dog Update Please

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
SouthernGent

Comprehensive Dog Update Please

Post by SouthernGent »

German Pointer
Detection List should be changed to be more useful to hunters
Level 1: Birds and Rabbit of all types.
Level 2: Fox, Coyote, and Cats ( Bobcat & Lynx)
Level 3: Deer and Elk ( or maybe Goats/sheep)

Detection Accuracy ( Should be reversed for small game like rabbits, if needed apply a camo bonus or something so it doesn't cause spooking ) Pointing at a rabbit in tall grass or brush at 40m is not very helpful.
Level 1: 40 meters away from the animal before pointing.
Level 2: 30 meters away from the animal before pointing.
Level 3: 20 meters away from the animal before pointing.

Labrador Retriever
Add turkey to the list of animals it can fetch
Extend its range out to 300m for the new render distance

Bluetick Coonhound
Needs a massive buff to both
Footprint Trackin and Blood Tracking as well as a noticeable XP boost
One of the slowest dogs to level up, and widely currently considered one of the most useless. I can't count how many times my dog has stopped tracking a shot animal after only a few tracks, that I can see dead in the distance.

Give all dogs a passive player warning skill ( Barking, when an animal is about to attack or a deadly animal is nearby ( Hogs, bear, so on )
And maybe unlock unlimited stamina once the dog hits lvl 50.. rediculous how often my lvl 50 retriever tires out during a duck hunt. I already own two Labs.. I'm not buying a 3rd just to finish off a bird hunt session.

Lastly the ability to switch between dogs you own from a pop-up menu ( like the duck call lanyard) or just be able to have two dogs out . a Pointer and scent hound or retriever
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Re: Comprehensive Dog Update Please

Post by Buckkiller4 »

I don't own two of the three dogs mentioned here, but the one I can comment on is the hound. It does take a long time to level up and I find it annoying it will lose a track when the animal is within my view. I also like the idea of being able to take more than one dog, as I would buy a pointer as well to take out with me on a hunt at the same time as the hound, but I would have to pick one or the other in the current model.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Leveling up is a challenge. I have been using my retriever for all waterfowling over the past 2-3 years and it just reached level 40. Every level is more difficult to achieve and I might die before that dog gets to level 50.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

I don't think leveling up with dogs is a problem, just use them, but I think there are other necessary corrections that should be made. For example, the Kurzhaar, which in my opinion is the most gifted and useful, has a speed of approaching the prey once it has simply sensed it absurd, it is clear that those who programmed it have never hunted with a dog and probably also without dog, the speed that the tip dog adopts would be logical ONLY in the last 5/10 meters before "stopping" the wild. As it is, it is almost unusable and it forces you to make very long "via crucis" every time it leads us to a prey, obviously i don't expect them to correct it also because if there is a constant in this game it is that the players do not come never listen and then amen
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

We got an update for the last time when the german pionter was released. The time for development is always too short and presumably the topic "dogs update" will only become relevant again when you publish a new breed? However, in the shop you could introduce a new type of food with a higher XP amount to the dog.

For me, the game sometimes spins around ... as soon as I am in a tower, treestand or blind for some reason the animals are fleeing already 60 meters away, with the dog lying next to me in stay mode or a completely injured animal in another is looking for or looking for an animal. unfortunately that doesn't always happen. I could say a lot more on the subject, but after such a long time I no longer believe in an update.

you could keep the boys at ew busy for a whole year :-)
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

They should definitely level faster. And the closer pointing would make sense!

As for barking a warning, though, they DO do that. Not always, not 100% but they will very often bark when an unspooked bear or boar is getting near you. It's saved my ass a few times.
alssn
Tracker

Post by alssn »

Why this is a cold tpc? Why you guys don't cry about this dog everyday?
I really hate it, how many times that thing lay down in front of my gun? i paid EMS for this dog, and i think this is the most dumb money i ever waste in a game.

Image Image Image
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

To add to the list of complaints about the retriever: The retriever is pretty stupid, you pretty much need to directly point at a dead animal sometimes and it's command distance is annoying, i don't want the dog to walk 100 meters towards me just to tell me that it does not get my command. Also the distance for the retriever to be able to accept the "Get in Blind" command should have its range extended by like a solid 50 meters. Also make it so the dog stops moving when you go phrone, so it does not walk infront of your gun.
Sudge

Post by Sudge »

Anyone that has owned or trained a gun dog will tell you that a gun dog is taught to heel. That is it walks beside you while your hunting and NOT running around where ever it likes. Also all good gun dogs; when within in sight of you, work to a single NOT a whistle. Both these practices are taught for obvious reasons. All my dogs had pads on their feet and you could not hear them walking on ANY service and they certainly didn't sound like a deer walking. My Labrador and golden retriever dogs were almost soundless walking through water.
jimbobjoe555

Post by jimbobjoe555 »

Is there any plans to change the pointer distance from 40m down to 20m. I was doing very well hunting cottontail until my dog leveled up. It became much harder and more tedious at 40m. Makes no sense. I hope it is changed soon. Feel like I wasted my money buying the pointer!

Return to “Dog suggestions”