Driven Hunt dog!

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Alle12345

Driven Hunt dog!

Post by Alle12345 »

Hello, I Really Really want some driven hunt dogs that drive animals...You like command them to go one way find an animal and drive it straight forward to the guys in the towers or whatever...and then your dog will level up when you shoot an animal for it.. Thankful For replies! :D Cya :D
Jarvinen

Re: Driven Hunt dog!

Post by Jarvinen »

i think finnish hound would be perfect for that :D
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

Drever, or if it's too uncommon, then beagle. Can hound rabbits, hare, foxes and roe deer. Would be great fun and challenging shooting. :)

Image Image
Alle12345

Post by Alle12345 »

yes sir! I Agree!
LEISPE

Post by LEISPE »

i would also like this ALOT!
Realy badly actualy, would be more fun to play when you dont have anyone else to play with.

Has anyone found any other posts about this?
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

There's a thread about it here:

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 61#p902361

albeit a very short one. Hawkeye brings up some points that'd probably have to be addressed for it to be a viable idea--basically, how exactly would it work?
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

suggested this a while back, would be nice if you could find a track of a rabbit, release your dog (like with the scent hound but it spooks the animals) on the track and the dog eventually runs the rabbit into a circle which runs back to you.

OR

we could by a pack of hounds which draw a line on the maps where you want our dogs to run, the spook radius of the dogswould be equal to that of shooting a shotgun, the packs of dogs come in 6, 12 or 18
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

baloo.the.dog wrote:we could by a pack of hounds which draw a line on the maps where you want our dogs to run, the spook radius of the dogswould be equal to that of shooting a shotgun, the packs of dogs come in 6, 12 or 18
To me, this just sounds like a way of getting in a treestand or tower, sending the dogs out, and waiting for all the animals to come. You would easily be able to harvest a hundred plus animals on a map in no time. This will never happen. Hopefully I've got the idea wrong because otherwise, it doesn't sound like hunting. It sounds like ordering takeaway food that you have to shoot first.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

caledonianblues wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:we could by a pack of hounds which draw a line on the maps where you want our dogs to run, the spook radius of the dogswould be equal to that of shooting a shotgun, the packs of dogs come in 6, 12 or 18
To me, this just sounds like a way of getting in a treestand or tower, sending the dogs out, and waiting for all the animals to come. You would easily be able to harvest a hundred plus animals on a map in no time. This will never happen. Hopefully I've got the idea wrong because otherwise, it doesn't sound like hunting. It sounds like ordering takeaway food that you have to shoot first.
Also why such hunting is rarely considered ethical in real life :lol:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Driven hunts don't make any sense as long as the fleeing AI of the game animals is that simplistic. Spooking disturbance threshold reached -> flee away in a straight line from the point of origin for a fixed distance. A purely binary reaction with no variation.

Therefore driven hunts and with them using dogs to drive animals doesn't make any sense in this game.

Interesting drives would need a way more complicated animal AI, with animals moving along cover, varying speed while fleeing, trying to hide in cover and duck, changing fleeing directions, picking up frequently used trails for long distance travel etc.
That'd be an entire new game on its own.

TheSheWolf wrote:Also why such hunting is rarely considered ethical in real life :lol:
It might not be in your neck of the bush, but in Central Europe, it's a traditional, effective and above all ethical form of hunt, that allows for efficient management of populations while keeping hunting pressure bearable throughout the rest of the year.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Dog suggestions”