Scent Hound ?? [Blood Tracks Only]

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
HawkEye81
Tracker

Re: Scent Hound ?? [Blood Tracks Only]

Post by HawkEye81 »

On the latest update we still didn't got a fix for blood tracking skill, they fixed only the ability to give the dog commands while crouching "Fixed some issues with using commands Track Blood, Track Medium Game and Track Large Game while crouching." but the blood tracking skill is STILL BUGGED, shouldn't this be a priority regarding from how many months this dog is bugged and the number of forum posts from players complaining about it? We paid around 1800 ems for the dog and equipment(GPS,backpack, food) and it's broken for way to much time, are we completely ignored here ?
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Did they fix the scenthound? Mine is following trails today flawlessly, even across water.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TheSheWolf wrote:Did they fix the scenthound? Mine is following trails today flawlessly, even across water.
Could this be it? Update from August 1: "Fixed Scent Hounds tracking behaviour."
http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-171
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

No, I'd seen that but they were still terrible. :lol:
GunnyMac22

Post by GunnyMac22 »

TheSheWolf wrote:No, I'd seen that but they were still terrible. :lol:
I thought getting mine to level 50 might help but to no avail, maybe the next patch will fix um.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

That's why I found it weird that mine's tracking perfectly all of a sudden. Even the last week she was terrible (losing scent instantly on starting a heart/lung track multiple times, losing scent at water EVERY time). She didn't complete a single track.

Suddenly it's like she's un-broken. She's back to the way she was at level 15-20, before they just stopped working--reliable, consistent and useful.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I was hopeful when I saw this post. Then took my hound out to WRR as a pack mule for the competition. Decided to have her track the moose I had lung shot which traveled about 20 steps before dieing.

She meandered around after being put on the tracks, walked up to the moose and sat next to it the the question mark emote. I put her back on that track several times. She'd get right up to the moose and act like it wasn't even there instead of baying.

Tried Timbergold and VDB next, along the rivers. The minute a track hit the river she'd question mark. Even if the next track was visible.
Spoiler:

Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Created bug report https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 28#p952228
Feel free to comment, maybe with enough comments someone will take a look.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I have a suspicion, though it could be way off. I think the dogs were resetting, level-wise (maybe still are--I'm not taking out any other dogs to be safe...) any time the player switched dog. So if I changed from Scent Hound to Retriever, the Retriever would seem like lvl 1 again. Then the Scent Hound would also revert once I switched back to her.

If they fixed the dogs as promised, it's possible you need to level the dog (the "hidden" level--i.e. 1->2 or whatever) in order for the fix to take effect & the dog to go back up to the proper level.

As a sidenote, though--
Djehmli wrote:She meandered around after being put on the tracks, walked up to the moose and sat next to it the the question mark emote. I put her back on that track several times. She'd get right up to the moose and act like it wasn't even there instead of baying.
They always do this if you're kneeling. I think the -idea- is they aren't supposed to bay/bark if you're sneaking around. But if you were standing, then I've no idea!
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Unread postby TheSheWolf » September 18th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Did they fix the scenthound? Mine is following trails today flawlessly, even across water.
Blood tracking is working, Footprint Tracking is not and that's an important skill because in the case the dog loose the track you can't continue from there and you have to go all the way back to the first track with blood to be able to put the dog back on tracks, if you shoot with bow it's ok because animals bleed more (and if the dog loose the track you can find the next one with blood and continue) but with a rifle , if it's not an intestines shoot, most of the times you will only get blood on first tracks and thats all, yesterday my dog stop tracking (a body hit shoot) and me being to lazy to go way back where I hit that animal I continued to track it myself, found it dead in aprox 80/100m.
When I was lvl'ing the dog I used to put him on every single track just to make xp but now I only use it on bad shoots or on really difficult area to track an animal and he's failing when I need him more...
I buy it and spend a lot of time lvl it up just to come on my aid when I'm failing, normally that should be he's purpose in the game but if he's failing also kinda make him useless...

Return to “Dog-related bugs”