dog problem

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: dog problem

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged two threads.

I'm sorry, but obviously none of the fellow players knows a solution - posting the same over and over again will not help. Please contact support: [email protected]
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I'm sure this is a known bug. I see this problem few month ago.
I think we have to wait until EW fix the bug. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
rachairmuin

Post by rachairmuin »

Hi I am having the same problem, I can use my dog normally in single player mode, or in any multiplayer map that I host, but when i join anyone else's server my dog does not appear regardless of what I do, or how many players are connected, or how many dogs are already in the server. It shows his inventory in mine if he is equipped but he doesn't spawn and I an unable to use the V key menu. Also the V key menu does not work if lying prone, I don't know if that's a bug or working as intended. If I'd have known about this before hand I may not have purchased the dog.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

rachairmuin wrote:Hi I am having the same problem, I can use my dog normally in single player mode, or in any multiplayer map that I host, but when i join anyone else's server my dog does not appear regardless of what I do, or how many players are connected, or how many dogs are already in the server. It shows his inventory in mine if he is equipped but he doesn't spawn and I an unable to use the V key menu. Also the V key menu does not work if lying prone, I don't know if that's a bug or working as intended. If I'd have known about this before hand I may not have purchased the dog.
While it's irritating that you have to pop into kneel to use V, it usually isn't long enough to spook anything, and I believe the reasoning is probably twofold--first, animating hand signs for the prone position would be a pain and second, in terms of realism, a dog won't see your hand signs if you're lying down in the grass. So while it can be frustrating (mostly due to the animation time of having to get up, then lie down again), I can understand it.

I do wish they'd let us crawl with bows, though, even if we can't shoot them while prone.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

The V key doesn't work while prone and that is intended!
I experience other problems when taking the Dogs to MP games on somebody else's server: Any command I give, the dog doesn't even "hear" it. No pop-up at the bottom left, no whimper, no nothing. Stopped taking them with me, therefore better host myself and everything works just fine!
Spoiler:
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I wished EW would remove these slow player command animations. It's very boring. Especially the "stay" command.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

rachairmuin

Post by rachairmuin »

I don't mind that I cant use the commands so much while lying down, I didn't mean to imply that. Just that I can't seem to use the dog in MP unless I host the map, this is pretty frustrating.. if there is any way I can help please let me know.

Return to “Dog-related bugs”