Dog doesn't work right

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
_Cross

Dog doesn't work right

Post by _Cross »

Hello, I would like to know how it is used with the dog, because mine and some friends have been presenting several problems that I will mention below.

1- When pointing at an animal, all animals around will notice us more easily, even when we are wearing camouflage and odor-reducing clothing.

2- Same problem as (1) but when the dog is pointing at an animal at a distance greater than 100 meters, that animal that is closest to you will also easily notice it.

3- When giving the command to track the dog after palpating the animal and instead of going in its direction it starts to run aimlessly and after a while it sniffs normally.

4- Sometimes the dog does not obey the command and it is necessary to send him a few more times.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Dog doesn't work right

Post by knott »

Yes it´s easier for prey to notice dog and hunter then just the hunter. If you level up the dog it generally doesn´t give that much of a handicap.

max distance for the dog to point is 40 metres I believe not 100 metres.

It can take a while for the dog to pick up the track after giving a demand

This get better the higher level the dog is.

German pointer do work quite well for me. It´s worse with the scent hound. It´s very hard to level too as it´s so much faster to track the animals themselves if you don´t drop them on the spot.
_Cross

Post by _Cross »

knott wrote:Yes it´s easier for prey to notice dog and hunter then just the hunter. If you level up the dog it generally doesn´t give that much of a handicap.

German pointer do work quite well for me. It´s worse with the scent hound. It´s very hard to level too as it´s so much faster to track the animals themselves if you don´t drop them on the spot.
My problem is not the dog's lvl, as he is at lvl 48 and this bug is happening to several friends, not just me!
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

_Cross wrote:
knott wrote:Yes it´s easier for prey to notice dog and hunter then just the hunter. If you level up the dog it generally doesn´t give that much of a handicap.

My problem is not the dog's lvl, as he is at lvl 48 and this bug is happening to several friends, not just me!
It is not 40 meters even though that's what the wiki says, i've had them point them at well over 100m EASY. That's the problem we are complaining about.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

trulight wrote:
_Cross wrote:

It is not 40 meters even though that's what the wiki says, i've had them point them at well over 100m EASY. That's the problem we are complaining about.
Dog should follow I suppose but it´s not that the prey is moving after he points? For me he never point over 100 metres. Would be great if he did :)
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

knott wrote:
trulight wrote:
_Cross wrote:
Dog should follow I suppose but it´s not that the prey is moving after he points? For me he never point over 100 metres. Would be great if he did :)
Yeah, unless it's a rabbit in the woods gl seeing him at 100

Return to “Dog-related bugs”