Dog Backpack Camo: Is there Visual Reduction?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Dog Backpack Camo: Is there Visual Reduction?

Post by Bonedigger777 »

In the store description for the various camo dog vests it clearly states "Visual Reduction: Excellent vs. all species in ________ areas". There is no such description for the corresponding camo versions of the dog backpack. When I bought a retriever for waterfowl hunting I bought the arctic camo vest for snow goose hunting and the summer swamp camo vest for duck hunting, but there is no tropical camo vest available for magpie goose hunting. After adding the retriever, I started noticing that occasionally while circling to land magpie geese will suddenly flare and fly off (with the dog inside the blind). I hadn't noticed that ever happening before I bought the dog. My question is does anyone know if the camo dog backpacks add visual reduction like the vests? I'm thinking of buying the tropical camo backpack solely for the visual reduction if it does provide any.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Dog Backpack Camo: Is there Visual Reduction?

Post by HooCairs »

I don't know the answer to your quesion, but I have never seen my retriever spook any type of bird while it was inside the blind. I never use any type of vest or backpack for my dogs. I haven't tried in multiplayer though.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

HooCairs wrote:I don't know the answer to your quesion, but I have never seen my retriever spook any type of bird while it was inside the blind. I never use any type of vest or backpack for my dogs. I haven't tried in multiplayer though.
Yeah. I'm always in single player. I'll have to try some hunts without the dog and see if I notice any flaring. It just surprised me the first time they flared right after I got the dog. It's usually when I'm letting them circle over the blind to spot the heaviest for a comp or something.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I also repositioned my blind after the first time because I noticed the way it was situated her tail was sticking outside the blind, but I've still had them flare with the blind rotated around. Hoo, are you using the three man blind or the four man blind? I'm in the three man blind for magpie goose. I might try the four man blind to see if it makes a difference as well.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have been using the 3-person blinds for ducks, canada and magpie goose, and the 4-person ones only for snow goose, because I have to. I prefer the older ones with the lower walls.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Kennel”