pointer dog

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
jan333jan

pointer dog

Post by jan333jan »

hello,
i have question about pointer dog. is any way how to check what kind of prey he actually tracking? because there is multiple options in each chose . for example i click track foxes /gooses/ coyotes in Hirschfelden how i can check if he looking for foxes or gooses?
does it help if i start search in place where already on the ground any kind of track? or just start tracking right when i spawn next lodge? does anyone have usefull tips or can place here link where i can learn somthing about how pointer work? thanks
Michaelairjordan

Re: pointer dog

Post by Michaelairjordan »

Depends on map, skill level of dog, and what species is close by him on the option u choose
Example
Logger's in middle of map it will be cotton tail
Again depending on your dog's skills and what u choose
jan333jan

Post by jan333jan »

can this dog spook animals if he searshing?
PisicoJoker
Tracker

Post by PisicoJoker »

jan333jan wrote:can this dog spook animals if he searshing?
the only animals I saw my dog ​​scare away were turkeys and deer, but deer sometimes ignore him and walk over.
Michaelairjordan

Post by Michaelairjordan »

I've used it few times just to see for fox and the dog didn't spook the fox at all, I never use any dog, mine r pretty much maxed out
shooter19522

Post by shooter19522 »

My Pointer is Level 50.
I use him a lot on all kinds of animals & have actually watched animals walk within 1m of him without spooking.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Devs should have used the pointer like the real dog. For pointing flushed birds. Another name for the pointer in some parts is bird dog.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

The pointer doesn't spook the animal. I've sent it after coyotes, foxes even lynxes and they ignored the dog. Following the dog carelessly, while he is following its target can definitely spook the animal you seek. The pointer even warns you when the animal is about to flee if you continue to be reckless.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

OldMtnMan wrote:Devs should have used the pointer like the real dog. For pointing flushed birds. Another name for the pointer in some parts is bird dog.
The german pointer does more than that. If you search the internet you'll see he can track a wide range of animals, even deer. As far as I remember I definitely seen a pointer in action (I don't know if it was a german pointer) against foxes and rabbits. That day foxes were hunted for spreading rabies while the rabbits were hunted for fun :).
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

FullDiesel wrote:The pointer doesn't spook the animal. I've sent it after coyotes, foxes even lynxes and they ignored the dog. Following the dog carelessly, while he is following its target can definitely spook the animal you seek. The pointer even warns you when the animal is about to flee if you continue to be reckless.
Do appear though that the dog can increase the risk of you spooking though. Though in itself he is more stealthy then you are but you and dog combined is a hazard :)

Return to “Kennel”