Scent hound lvling problem

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
THEOFILOS

Scent hound lvling problem

Post by THEOFILOS »

I'll copy paste here a translation because idk how its called in english

"vicious circle (problem: cycle of cause and effect)You need experience to get a job, but you can't get experience without a job: it's a vicious circle."

The dog cannot find tracks because its low lvl because it cant get exp because it cant find tracks etc you get the point....

Dont tell me that i paid for this dog to spam sit/lay down commands until its 50 lvl and probably me 50 yrs old? This needs a fix or remove from store at least with real money.
Andhii
Scout

Re: Scent hound lvling problem

Post by Andhii »

Train the dog by giving commands like sit and lay down :D. My dog is a complete tool, will only follow few first blood tracks then he gets lost.

Scent hound is less useful than the hunting horn. I'v yet to meet a scent hound that can track animal better than I do.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I bought the hound to just have a companion. I didn't want him to track blood. That's my job.

The problem is he's not a good companion. He keeps bumping into me and then I found out he spooks the animals.

I had to put him back in the kennel. Broke my heart.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
THEOFILOS

Post by THEOFILOS »

Andhii wrote:Scent hound is less useful than the hunting horn.
Andi you made me laugh,maybe i should buy it since i like blowing horns....gosh that sounded so wrong in my head.

Pete you have to give the stay command on the dog always when going for a kill.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

THEOFILOS wrote:
Andhii wrote:Scent hound is less useful than the hunting horn.
Andi you made me laugh,maybe i should buy it since i like blowing horns....gosh that sounded so wrong in my head.

Pete you have to give the stay command on the dog always when going for a kill.
I did. He bumps into me when we're both walking. He seems to spook game while he's sitting down.

I loved the bloodhound in COTW. It was really hard for me to leave him to come to Classic. I wish I could have brought him with me.

I'm sure I can get the hound in Classic trained. Maybe i'd rather just hunt alone. There's not much interaction with the dog in Classic like in COTW. I think that's the problem for me. I wish I could give him to someone.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

Some people even wish they could shot it :lol: .
It's a good companion thought. It usually walks after me and bumps into my legs rarely. The stay comand helps but it's not 100% effective. If you are in a tree stand and a deer comes too close it will flee eventually. If the dog is not with you the deer will stay under you as long as you want. Yes the hound is the least useful dog but it could be very helpful in some situations and save you some time. Mine is lv 33, I usually bring it when bow hunting.
Spoiler:

Return to “Kennel”