What is the Scent Hound for?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Luziano
Hunter

What is the Scent Hound for?

Post by Luziano »

Is it me or the Scent Hound is just broken? Cant really figure out what can it can do that I cant do way better and faster...
At level 20 could not track an animal that was 50 meters away from the blood track...
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Re: What is the Scent Hound for?

Post by CaplockHunter »

I thought you wanted to make your hunts hard?

You don't need a dog unless you just want a companion.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Love the scent hound, I just leave him to it if he comes back with the ? put him back on a blood track and off he goes again, would hate to see the scent hound be 100% on track like some robot. Only time don't hunt without it is if after yote or turkey. Main thing about dogs is their increased capacity that extra 5kg carry weight goes a long way and they great company for me anyway.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

CaplockHunter wrote:I thought you wanted to make your hunts hard?

Mr. you certainly have a problem.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

ogruls wrote:Love the scent hound, I just leave him to it if he comes back with the ? put him back on a blood track and off he goes again, would hate to see the scent hound be 100% on track like some robot. Only time don't hunt without it is if after yote or turkey. Main thing about dogs is their increased capacity that extra 5kg carry weight goes a long way and they great company for me anyway.
I do that but most of the times she just sits and does nothing?
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

Luziano wrote:
CaplockHunter wrote:I thought you wanted to make your hunts hard?

Mr. you certainly have a problem.
What do you think it is?
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Pain I guess.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

The scent hound sits down after the blood stops if the animal isn't mortally wounded and isn't going to die. That's by design.

Plus at level 20 their Tracking Focus, Tracking Footprints and Tracking Distance aren't anywhere near max.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

trulight wrote:The scent hound sits down after the blood stops if the animal isn't mortally wounded and isn't going to die. That's by design.

Plus at level 20 their Tracking Focus, Tracking Footprints and Tracking Distance aren't anywhere near max.
I´ll keep levelling it, although my experience so far isn't very good with this dog, maybe I'm biased after having levelled up the awesome german pointer.
bcbdrums

Post by bcbdrums »

Luziano wrote:
trulight wrote:The scent hound sits down after the blood stops if the animal isn't mortally wounded and isn't going to die. That's by design.

I´ll keep levelling it, although my experience so far isn't very good with this dog, maybe I'm biased after having leveled up the awesome german pointer.

if you hunt in multiplayer, the pointer + scent hound combo is unbeatable. i don't mind the scent hound not being perfect because it still gets the job done. i don't have to do the work to find the kill, the dog gets me there or gets me close enough. it saves so much time.

pointer seems to have changed after the dog update awhile back though, spooks animals now where it didn't before...

Return to “Kennel”