F.A.Q.

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: F.A.Q.

Post by HooCairs »

marcomies wrote:I don't think this image from idg.se interview is here yet
Thanks for the picture. I added it. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Great Hoocairs, But just a little correction. T.Rex, Triceraops and what looks like Veliceraptor all come from the Cretaceous period/Era, not the Jurassic period. Dinos in the Jurassic period are like stegosaurus, allosaurus and most sauropods(long necks)

Jurassic period was from 206 - 144 years ago
Cretaceous period was from 144 - 65 million years ago
They also need to remember they are divided into three parts, early,middle and late.
And a lot of the time the dinosaurs are not the same as in the previous.

Also IF they want realism which i have heard many times. They really need to include this.

Putting 2 animals with lived 80 million years apart in one map is not right.

Here is a great website with everything you need to no about dinosaurs and their time period:

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjec ... s/lc.shtml
Last edited by james990 on November 27th, 2014, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

james990 wrote:Great Hoocairs, But just a little correction. T.Rex, Triceraops and what looks like Veliceraptor all come from the Cretaceous period/Era, not the Jurassic period. Dinos in the Jurassic period are like stegosaurus, allosaurus and sauropods(long necks)

They also need to remember they are divided into three parts, early,middle and late.

Also IF they want realism which i have heard many times. They really need to include this.

Here is a great website with everything you need to no about dinosaurs and their time period:

I think all of this is highly irrelevant, since whatever dinousaurs they choose, there're still going to be humans with high powered rifles there. The realism in the sense you speak of is thrown out the window right from the beginning. The only way to think of this is in some sort of Jurassic Park way. Dinosaurs recreated in our own time or the near future (within a century or so from now), in some remote location (maybe another planet). I don't care which era they all come from. It's a long time ago, before mammals developed, that's enough for me. I just want all the cool ones.

And btw, I'm also a little concerned about the news that a T-rex can't be killed by a solo hunter. Seems like a pretty bad decision. A .50 bmg round (or a high caliber, high penetrating elephant caliber round) to the CNS would surely put a T-rex down on the spot. It should be difficult, but not impossible!
marcomies
Tracker

Post by marcomies »

james990 wrote:Great Hoocairs, But just a little correction. T.Rex, Triceraops and what looks like Veliceraptor all come from the Cretaceous period/Era, not the Jurassic period. Dinos in the Jurassic period are like stegosaurus, allosaurus and sauropods(long necks)

All text Hoocairs has posted here is direct quotes from developers, that's why it says Jurassic. Biggest sauropods lived in Cretaceous by the way and they were still around pretty much everywhere at that time. Also the raptors don't look like velociraptors, they look like some bigger raptor species: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Lawger wrote: I think all of this is highly irrelevant, since whatever dinousaurs they choose, there're still going to be humans with high powered rifles there. The realism in the sense you speak of is thrown out the window right from the beginning. The only way to think of this is in some sort of Jurassic Park way. Dinosaurs recreated in our own time or the near future (within a century or so from now), in some remote location (maybe another planet). I don't care which era they all come from. It's a long time ago, before mammals developed, that's enough for me. I just want all the cool ones.

And btw, I'm also a little concerned about the news that a T-rex can't be killed by a solo hunter. Seems like a pretty bad decision. A .50 bmg round (or a high caliber, high penetrating elephant caliber round) to the CNS would surely put a T-rex down on the spot. It should be difficult, but not impossible!
Just pointing out the Facts and what was written down was what they wanted was realism. And if they want realism, it is esential that they get the periods correct
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

Lawger wrote:

I think all of this is highly irrelevant, since whatever dinousaurs they choose, there're still going to be humans with high powered rifles there. The realism in the sense you speak of is thrown out the window right from the beginning. The only way to think of this is in some sort of Jurassic Park way. Dinosaurs recreated in our own time or the near future (within a century or so from now), in some remote location (maybe another planet). I don't care which era they all come from. It's a long time ago, before mammals developed, that's enough for me. I just want all the cool ones.

OMG :o Is that the same Lawger who claimed that Reindeer does not belong in Hemmeldal :shock: :shock:

I'm sorry I couldn't resist ... ;)
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

HunterVK wrote:OMG :o Is that the same Lawger who claimed that Reindeer does not belong in Hemmeldal :shock: :shock:

I'm sorry I couldn't resist ... ;)
Yep, same old Lawger. :)

I know that you know this, but: This is a different game. For The Hunter I want realism more than anything. IMO it should be as much of a hunting simulator as possible. This new game though, it's different for obvious reasons.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Guys, for Jurassic references and (supposedly) mixed specie blame Michael Crichton (Isla Nublar rings any bell?)!
Spoiler:

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

james990 wrote:Great Hoocairs, But just a little correction. T.Rex, Triceraops and what looks like Veliceraptor all come from the Cretaceous period/Era, not the Jurassic period. Dinos in the Jurassic period are like stegosaurus, allosaurus and most sauropods(long necks)
Thanks, but I just assembled the available public information in one place. ;)
james990 wrote:Putting 2 animals with lived 80 million years apart in one map is not right.
I don't know much about dinosaurs, but humans hunting them does not sound right either. I would guess most players that enjoy dinosaur shooters don't worry much about realism. At least I wouldn't. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

I for one would love realism. I'd love a game that depicts dinosaurs as animals rather than monsters, even if it's not necessarily 100% realistic since humans and dinosaurs never coexisted. It's possible to still make a good and semi-realistic game with a twist.
homk

Return to “theHunter: Primal”