Trackir 5

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Trackir 5

Post by Alphamale1956 »

+100
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I can see how Trackir won't work that good in Classic by what you said. I guess it will be mouse control.

I want to leave the HOTAS setup all the time so I can just go back and forth between Classic and DCS. The keyboard is right in front of me, so that's no problem. The mouse was the problem. It has to be comfortable and easy to use for Classic since we use it for so long. I think I have it figured out.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

OldMtnMan wrote:I've ben into combat flight sims for over 20 years. That's why I have the Trackir 5. I thought it would be more immersive in Hunter Classic but I can't figure out how to get it working.

Sorry about the ED thing. I've been into DCS since 2004. I'm BuzzU there and active on the forum. ED was on my mind.
Nowadays it´s VR support that should be asked for. The hunter Classic VR would be amazing.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I never ran VR in the games that had it. Too expensive. Not only the price of the VR but you need a high end computer to run it.

I only have sight in one eye. I'm not sure how VR looks when you don't have sight in both eyes. It's 3D right? Don't you need sight in both eyes to see 3D? I have no depth perception with one eye.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

OldMtnMan wrote:I never ran VR in the games that had it. Too expensive. Not only the price of the VR but you need a high end computer to run it.

I only have sight in one eye. I'm not sure how VR looks when you don't have sight in both eyes. It's 3D right? Don't you need sight in both eyes to see 3D? I have no depth perception with one eye.
Yes you would not get the full image as you get individual display per eye so you get the 3D and natural scale so it would be worse then a flat panel where you at least see it all with your one working eye. No reason at all to test it.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

knott wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I've ben into combat flight sims for over 20 years. That's why I have the Trackir 5. I thought it would be more immersive in Hunter Classic but I can't figure out how to get it working.

Sorry about the ED thing. I've been into DCS since 2004. I'm BuzzU there and active on the forum. ED was on my mind.
Nowadays it´s VR support that should be asked for. The hunter Classic VR would be amazing.
http://news.thehunter.com/ama-with-theh ... e-answers/

As it was answered here VR is impossible for THC, as I believe this would imply to remake the whole game from scratch, which pretty much means making a whole different game, just for VR.

Personally I prefer playing a game that's under development for more than a decade even if it's VR-less, than a game that has VR implemented and it's filled with bugs, glitches etc.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

https://steamcommunity.com/app/253710/d ... 713015404/

1, go to %appdata%/Roaming - look for theHunterSettings_live.bin, open it with notepad.
2.find "<value name="theHunter_TrackIR" type="int">0</value>" and change the 0 to 1
3. Save, play, press X (default for freelook)

In my computer for example the file is located at:
C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming
TheHunterSettings_live.bin

you can use a regular notepad to edit it. And this game really shines with trackIR (Would not play it otherwise!)

Return to “General Off Topics”