I'm Curious To Know

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Maxmunger8
Spotter

I'm Curious To Know

Post by Maxmunger8 »

I am interested to know if anyone wants to compete in the Halloween Event, but doesn't have the weapons required. I don't own a Wolfsbane and I was tempted to just buy 500 ems since the gun is on sale for 300, but I decided to try to grind missions. I finished up some Euro Rabbit Missions and now I have about 7,000 GMS. I don't want to give into temptation of buying the weapon will Ems so I guess I'll just be grinding some more missions today. Anyone else in the same situation?
Why do you wear pink camo? Are you going to hunt flamingos? - Anonymous
jttoo
Hunter

Re: I'm Curious To Know

Post by jttoo »

I'd recommend buying the crossbow pistol, so at least it could be used for regular hunting.

I made the mistake of buying the wolfsbane .308 and it appears that it can't be used on any of the missions that call out specific .308 handguns. What a huge waste of GMs, and what a ripoff with it not qualifying for the missions. Also, the .308 is not any more effective that the crossbow against these damned things, and with the crossbow they will eventually bleed out, although it takes a LONG time.

You'd be better off just grinding enough GM's to buy the treestand yourself rather than spending 17k for a weapon, 5k for the red dot sight and 3k for the yellow glasses (both of which help a lot), and then after spending all that you can now grind out killing 60+ werewolves, or grind while hoping to take down an Albino or Gold werewolf.

Frankly, I really don't know why I even bother participating in these events anymore, as they are SO grindy and difficult. They have made these things so difficult to shoot that it is more an exercise in frustration than getting any enjoyment from this event.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

jttoo wrote:I'd recommend buying the crossbow pistol, so at least it could be used for regular hunting.

I made the mistake of buying the wolfsbane .308 and it appears that it can't be used on any of the missions that call out specific .308 handguns. What a huge waste of GMs, and what a ripoff with it not qualifying for the missions. Also, the .308 is not any more effective that the crossbow against these damned things, and with the crossbow they will eventually bleed out, although it takes a LONG time.

You'd be better off just grinding enough GM's to buy the treestand yourself rather than spending 17k for a weapon, 5k for the red dot sight and 3k for the yellow glasses (both of which help a lot), and then after spending all that you can now grind out killing 60+ werewolves, or grind while hoping to take down an Albino or Gold werewolf.

Frankly, I really don't know why I even bother participating in these events anymore, as they are SO grindy and difficult. They have made these things so difficult to shoot that it is more an exercise in frustration than getting any enjoyment from this event.
Hey jttoo! I agree with you about the futility of joining this event for most new players. The only way to really make it pay is to invest a great deal of time and grind it out. They do it every year, so if you are lucky enough to have the weapons from the previous year you can garner a fair sum of gm$, but for new players... it's a tough sell.

There is one thing different about this event though, and that's that werewolves pay double the CSS compared to regular wolves, and then double again on the gm$ when they pay out, so that a werewolf with a CSS of 75 pays 150gm$!! That's pretty good payback if you can manage to bring a lot of them down over the week. ;)
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Hi JimboCrow.

I managed to grind out exactly enough treats to qualify for the lowest tier on the campaign, and managed to finish the mission too. I bought the wolfsbane crossbow pistol on this account, my main player account, and bought the .308 on my alternate newbie hunter account. I should have researched it more before buying it, and I wish the store page gave info like "This .308 Wolfsbane pistol does not qualify for normal missions". My other account didn't have either a .308 pistol nor a crossbow pistol, so I was hoping to get some further use from this 'event' weapon, as the other account doesn't have a lot of GMs to spare. And even less now after buying this equipment, heh.

I am still grinding out the campaign and mission on the alternate account, although I am getting frustrated with the grind and the ineffectiveness of the .308. I should have done all this just once and called it a day. So, this is just me venting my frustrations on a public message board. Fortunately the community here is tolerant enough and puts up with most of my complaining and whining.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Yep, the fact that .308 incompatible with regular missions is a little disappointing. Although in my case I've bought it after my first Halloween event for only 100em$, so I can live with that :D

Return to “General Off Topics”