Rifles | .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
20%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
No votes
3 - Average
14%
4 - Good
31%
5 - Excellent
34%

Total votes: 59
chris22lr

Re: Rifles | .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle

Post by chris22lr »

Voted 4 - "Good", though it really should be 4.5 - "Very Good".

I bought it (black variant) to quickly take on bigger groups of coyotes and turkeys, and it proved to be a great gun for those tasks. It also uses the 2-10x42 scope, which I bought earlier for my .243 and .30-06 Stutzen (and now I use it also on .340 Weatherby - 1 scope for a versatile range of 4 rifles). With scope on, the gun is also very good for precise/far shots on other animals in it's range - foxes and roe deer. I've read some opinions that .223 is under-performing, and produces body hits even on well-aimed shots, but that's not what I experienced - when I do my job, it usually kills an animal on the spot.

However, it is not without faults, hence I couldn't rate it 5 - "Excellent". First "issue" are aforementioned iron-sights, BUT that's what the real gun uses, thus I can't really have a problem with that. But what I don't like is the 5 round mag limit - would rather see it be a 10 rounder. And I'd love to have some additional sights available on that rifle - mainly the Aimpoint red-dot, and low power 1.1-8x30 and 2-6x26 scopes, which would be better for quick follow-up shots in low light conditions (2-10x42 has good field of view on 2x, but non-illuminated reticle can often disappear on dark background).

Return to “Store Item Reviews”