Rifles | .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
10%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
3%
3 - Average
1%
4 - Good
21%
5 - Excellent
63%

Total votes: 136
maxsys
Spotter

Re: Rifles | .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle

Post by maxsys »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:I looked past the .30R and went straight for the .74R O/U. No regrets there! It's a fantastic gun. It's dropped everything I've shot so far and I'm still exploring it's usefulness for long range. One of the things I love so much about these rifles is they are ethical for a wide range of animals. The Weatherby is an extremely powerful gun but it doesn't even have that wide range of coverage. For sure, .30R and .74R are the guns that every player needs to own. New players need to know these are among the guns to buy when getting started. I've seen many recommendations for the .30R and nothing is said for the fact that one could skip the .30R and get it's upgrade that is the .74R (a better gun if my understanding is correct) and save the money.
excellent rifles, especially the 9.3x74r (I don't like the shot animation of the 30r), but for new players I recommend buying the .300.
they can use the supplied scope (4x32) and the .300 is also associated with various missions.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

. 30r is more accurate over range then 74r. But. 300 is still great.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Ok, there's absolutely no reason for coyote to be unpermitted species for this weapon. I think it's just oversight.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Its some kind of attempt having us need more rifles I suppose. But I think there is two categories. Those that just get what they need and others that just get them all :D
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Just got the second attempt on engraved version of this rifle. I do like this a lot better though not sure about the cellshading aspect of the ironsight. Maybe it´s a plus maybe it´s a minus depend if I am in realism or borderlands mood.
And yes I shot a coyote and it was a frustrating affair.
Michaelairjordan

Post by Michaelairjordan »

Will put down any ethical animal at any distance. Very powerful
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The real 30R is a good round. Sort of a souped up 30-06. It falls between the 30-06 and .300 mag. All use the same bullet. Just different volumes of powder and brass shape.

Comparing it to the 9.3x74r makes no sense. All the two guns have in common is an over and under barrels. 30R is a 30 cal and the 9.3 is 36cal. The 9.3 is a short range African gun. 30R is made for long range. A bit more power than the 30-06 but not as much as the .300 mag.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”