Rifles | .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
10%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
3%
3 - Average
1%
4 - Good
21%
5 - Excellent
63%

Total votes: 136
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifles | .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle

Post by caledonianblues »

.30 R O/U Break Action Rifle
This double barrel break action rifle in O/U configuration is all about handling and speed. Featuring a durable walnut stock and capable of firing two rounds in quick succession, this workhorse is the perfect companion for hunters looking to take down medium to large game with speed and efficiency. Chambered in .30 R, this rifle packs a serious punch.

See it here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: Rifles | .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle

Post by Schlachtwolf »

If Carlsberg made guns it would probably be the best gun in the world, best gun in the game. Powerful,little or no drop over distance, wide range of animals and as far as penetration is concerned it is THE gun for Sambar. Great sound and loading animation it is without a doubt my favourite banger in the game.
Cheers and Happy New Year to you all....
Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

One of the best rifles in the game!
Great sound, animation, Fire rate, power, ...
Season Stats
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Excellent rifle.
Virtually no wobble at level one.
The only permitted gun that will consistently give double lung instant kills on Sambhur deer at ranges exceeding 100 m.
Nice looks and good scope range.
Good price.
Best bang for your Bucks.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

OK, bought this- think I have 2 kills maybe, it's ok, and honestly, the only reason is trying to find a good full spectrum rifle I don't have maxed out for points-(a completely different discussion) -
But here's my beef with this gun, like several as of late- Backpack capacity of 4, why is it 4? 7mm bullpup bolt action with 5 shot mag, capacity is 3 - repeating bolt actions are generally 3.5 - 4.0 or 4.5 for the bigger ones. Obviously we have a bigger one coming in the 9.3X74 and it's capacity is 4. This thing should be a 3. now it may not seem like a big deal to some but it is for me. We're laden with so much stuff these days that quarter and half points make a big difference to be able to enjoy hunting but having to make this compromises is displeasing and frustrating.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I rated it "Good". There's always room for improvement. Awesome rifle. Love that second round for a follow up shot should you need one. Nice scope selection. Ethical for a nice range of animals. The only thing that bothers me about this rifle (which is something petty) is when you're reloading, when the action closes and you're moving (not sure if just running or walking too) you don't hear the sound of the action closing. I think you only hear it when standing still. Other than that, 2 thumbs up! :)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
ruichi

Post by ruichi »

Excellent. Its shot always kills the animal. In my case it happened 100% of the times until now.
And only in a couple of very bad body shots, like leg or something, I had to do (small amount of) tracking.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Great gun! Maybe even a little OP. This rifle has not failed me once in the 750+ harvest i have with it.
I do wish that EW made the new unreleased scope fit it.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes indeed. A very awesome rifle, I love it and it hasn't let me down either, 'less ofc I make a bad shot- even then tho', it doesn't take long for the wounded to drop. I voted excellent. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I like this rifle a lot, so I rated it excellent. I was close to rating it good instead of excellent, because I think it's a bit overpowered. That being said, the animations are great, the sound is fantastic, and it looks great.
Radamus wrote:Backpack capacity of 4, why is it 4? 7mm bullpup bolt action with 5 shot mag, capacity is 3.
I would guess it's a matter of weight, rather than size. It looks like a big rifle. Lot of stock/wood, two barrels, and certainly a lot more weight than I'd imagine in the bullpup.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”