Constructibles | Deployable Hunting Tower

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
9%
1 - Very poor
9%
2 - Poor
12%
3 - Average
23%
4 - Good
30%
5 - Excellent
17%

Total votes: 169
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Constructibles | Deployable Hunting Tower

Post by Generalkommendant »

I like them. But I would love them if they'd made the following:

Fix the damn windows. Especially the door side. How many arrows haven't got stuck in mid air?

The spook thing. Make it the same as the tripod.

Construction time. Too long for no apparent reason.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

I received one of these towers as a reward for the Valentine's week mission, and I'm awfully glad that I didn't spend EM's or GM's to buy this, as I would be sorely disappointed if I had purchased this.

It's a shame that these don't work as well as a treestand in regards to animals spooking when approaching the tower.

If they could be as effective as a treestand then I guess we could live with the reduced shooting angles, but as it is, these towers are almost useless. I'm sure some people like them, but after trying to use this I don't even have it deployed on a map anymore. Why waste my time in one of these towers when the females that come is run and spook everything else around? I suppose I could just shoot everything that comes in, but this also has the risk of spooking the animals that you are waiting for.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I have towers scattered all over the place on the EHR. I find them to be quite beneficial. Once you learn that you can't shoot things at certain angles, you adapt. I have no issues with spook radius- I mean really how close do you want to be able to shoot things. They're great! ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

At least you can use a rangefinder to check if you're actually going to hit a part of the tower (it will show close to zero) before shooting at your target.

Not ideal but it's something.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The tower has pros and cons compared to a treestand. Two things are great though. You have wobble reduction to almost zero, and you have a 360 view. Give me your tower and I will put it in the next open field. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

LOL Hoo! Like you don't have enough equipment already! :D

So, those of you who like the towers, do you shoot everything that gets close, and hope it doesn't spook the other animals, or do you just let them come in and then spook?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If you call them to a tower you have to shoot them, unless you have decoys that keep them away (turkey, motion predator).

Worst case they run away (you can control that a little), but at a good tower you will have more coming from other directions soon after.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”