Shotguns | 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
16%
1 - Very poor
5%
2 - Poor
13%
3 - Average
29%
4 - Good
22%
5 - Excellent
14%

Total votes: 143
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Shotguns | 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun

Post by caledonianblues »

20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun
This semi-automatic shotgun allows the quick fire action needed when hunting waterfowl. Featuring a three shot mag, a full length stock with a classic swampland finish and a comfortable pistol grip, it will make sure you are as ready as you can be when those birds come into range. When it comes to hunting waterfowl, this shotgun is an essential part of your hunting experience.

See it here in the store.

See the "Carbon" version here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Last edited by caledonianblues on February 21st, 2015, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Re: Shotguns | 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Only the other day I complained to my son that for a semi-auto it took too long to reload..... and then I triple-tapped on a "block" of geese and unleashed carnage. "Hello", I said. "Welcome to my gun cabinet."

We learn something new every day and now, if I want a bunched-up goose massacre at close range and care not for "accuracy stats", this is my goto.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I like this one well enough, but I wish they would introduce the slug for it. The 20 ga was the first gun I bought for both of my Sons for deer hunting (Illinois does now allow rifles for deer). I should use it more often, but, as for right now I use it only occasionally for ducks / geese.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Finney
Tracker

Post by Finney »

In game, hate this weapon. Seems useless after 30-40m. Could not be used for anything other than close range Geese and Duck. Limited to 3 shots. Yeah it may have a plug but them the 12GA pump holds 6 rounds so it should have one too?

Out shot a friend (in game) vs the pump.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

This gun has basically just one application: Waterfowl at close to medium range.

There it is excellent. The 3 shots in super-fast succession allow triplet harvests of ducks and geese at ease. It is however slightly less efficient at longer ranges than the 12GA shells, and thus I frequently have to let the fourth bird slip away that I probably would have got with the 12GA shotguns (with the exception of the single shot).

With the O/U and the SxS it is quite possible to get two birds when they're flying at you, reload while they pass your blind and get another two when they fly away. With the pump-action, 4 to 5 birds are well possible to harvest from one flock, sometimes even 6, as not the reload speed is the limiting factor but more frequently the time one needs to target the next bird. Plus the pump-action's red-dot sight helps to aim by offering magnification and an unobstructed view.

One discipline with little practical impact, however, where the 20GA semi-auto outperforms all other shotguns by a mile is at the double rise clay shooting range. With ease one can get out three shots before the clays fall down again, a clear advantage over the O/U or SxS, and with pump-action or single-shot reload times generally allow for only one target at a time.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

my video on it here

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Average- really only a close range weapon now, poor performance over 30+ metres
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

A poorly performing shotgun with only three shots. A recipe for walking away disappointed from a waterfowl hunt.

Rated "Poor"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
CinAteK
Scout

Post by CinAteK »

Rated average; found this weapon to be an overall disappointment.
LordBazooka
Hunter

Post by LordBazooka »

Rated it average. 12GA Pump Action does a better job.

Did a video with german commentary comparing it to it´s carbon reskin. I personally like it better than the carbon one.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”