Shotguns | 12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
11%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
1%
3 - Average
11%
4 - Good
28%
5 - Excellent
47%

Total votes: 174
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Shotguns | 12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun

Post by caledonianblues »

12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun
Worldwide ambitious shooters experience an exceptional shotgun that seems to be programmed for success: the Blaser F3. It has been designed from scratch to meet the ergonomical and technical demands of intuitive aiming with pinpoint accuracy. This shotgun works with all 12ga ammo types and the over and under double barrel design enables extremely quick follow up shoots, something that can be crucial when hunting birds such as Pheasant & Turkey.

See it here in the store.

See the premium version here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Shotguns | 12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun

Post by Violator31 »

A good solid gun. Another one that is appreciated moreover with buckshot for me. I will use it with birdshot every once in awhile. I have many more kills with birdshot, but that is because it is all on geese / ducks - but my "kills per hit" percentage sux.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Good- much prefer to the side by side. Love to use for foxes.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Ollius

Post by Ollius »

Simply put - excellent.

I own both the normal one and the engraved one. The looks are amazing, the sound is good and the two shots are more than enough for me in most situations. Actually the reload time is so fast that when shooting waterfowl it allows for three or even four birds to be taken down.

I've shot five geese with two shots with it.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Got this today and its great so far looks amazing will probably get the Engraved one to. Weird thing i have found with it though are the sights they don't seem to line up it feels like i am looking down the left side of the barrel not down the center. Looks kinda like the barrel is to far over to the right to me.

Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
marcomies
Tracker

Post by marcomies »

F3 instantly became one of my favourite weapons in the game when I tried it. The premium version looks great and the gun has very nice sight and it's very unobstructive in fast situations. In theory it has less firepower than pump-action but in practice the instant follow-up shot makes this gun much better at shooting two animals from same group or taking down an animal with second shot. It's also much faster to reload this gun with another shot type than pump-action. For birds I'd probably still pick pump-action shotgun but for everything else this will be my shotgun of choice from now on.

Post by Guest »

I have a hard time hitting moving targets with the F3, especially pheasants.

How do i aim correctly with this gun since there is no notch? I always try to align the bead with the target.

Is this correct? Because I got the feeling that i misplace my shots more often than I should.

I read in the German wiki that slug has a optimum range of 50m and Buck-/Birdshot 30m. And It looks like the barrel is slightly bent to the left wich also irritates me a bit.
CaptainAwesome
Spotter

Post by CaptainAwesome »

ups.. the above post was mine.. apparently i forgot to log in ;)
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

That above shown picture is correct. The centre of the pellet spread is on the notch (which is actually wrong, it should be slightly above it)

But you likely encounter problems because with flying animals you will need to lead the shot. So if they're not flying straight away or towards you you have to anticipate the movement and aim a little ahead
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Store Item Reviews”