Help for a mission : White-tailed Ptarmigan

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Morganroses

Help for a mission : White-tailed Ptarmigan

Post by Morganroses »

Hello guys !

I write there because I need a little assistant with the mission Bletherin' Birds, Ah Tell Ye!, may a nice soul help me ? My prob is that I need to identify a "call" from a White-tailed Ptarmigan but nothing works ! I'm lying down next to a few of them (like 4 of 5), I can hear them ( look like a lot of chuckles ) but nothing that my Huntermate will identify as a "call". Do you have any advice?

Thanks a lot for the help !

Meyer
splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: Help for a mission : White-tailed Ptarmigan

Post by splainin2do »

The "call" is a different sound. Sometimes you'll hear it from far away. I usually hear it as I'm walking towards an area they tend to be at, such as Grimulfr's and Orm's Stems.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Re: Help for a mission : White-tailed Ptarmigan

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

White Tails are the Timbergold Ptarmies. I usually start at a tent set up at the rail line at the left of the map and head East across the bridges. You either get calling or flappy noises to guide you at some point. There is some open area on the slopes if you have to hunt them, open for Timbergold anyway. The male calls are infrequent. I wouldn't camp out in one spot hoping for a call, as the localised population could be all female and the Timbergold ptarmie groups seem far smaller than you encounter on Val de Bois or Hemmeldal.
If you're sitting waiting for a large male Puma to come in and he either spooks or plays hard to get before disappearing, then expect the a chuckle of a male ptarmie to round off the encounter and enhance your disappointment. One should always carry a shotgun and some birdshot for such occasions.

Return to “Missions”