Finding a 155+ fallow deer...

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Mattb85
Spotter

Finding a 155+ fallow deer...

Post by Mattb85 »

I have had a heck of a time trying to find a 155+ fallow deer. I have found two close fallow deer males at 154.6 and 154.7 in the last week of hunting! probably over 20 hours into this mission with no success. :cry:

Any advice?

Thank you
-Matt
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Re: Finding a 155+ fallow deer...

Post by Bonedigger777 »

All I can do for advice is tell you what I did. After about six weeks of trying to complete the 9th mission off and on with no success, I switched to a spot in the northwest next to the river tributary. I started at 7:00, fast traveled to a tent and hopped into a treestand there and started calling blind. Within the first 30 minutes (game time) I got a 156+ coming in two hunts in a row to complete the 9th and 10th missions (the first one was chocolate). Here is the stat sheet for the second one if you want the coordinates. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/bone ... /884734917
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

Bonedigger777 wrote:All I can do for advice is tell you what I did. After about six weeks of trying to complete the 9th mission off and on with no success, I switched to a spot in the northwest next to the river tributary. I started at 7:00, fast traveled to a tent and hopped into a treestand there and started calling blind. Within the first 30 minutes (game time) I got a 156+ coming in two hunts in a row to complete the 9th and 10th missions (the first one was chocolate). Here is the stat sheet for the second one if you want the coordinates. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/bone ... /884734917
The link doesn't do anything for me, can you tell me the coordinates?

Thank you
-Matt
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Mattb85 wrote:The link doesn't do anything for me, can you tell me the coordinates?

Thank you
-Matt
You have to be logged into your hunter account in the browser you open it with for the link to work. The coordinates are Hirschfelden (8537, -591).
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

thank you, Ill check the spot out.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

Might give up on this one... I spent the entire day hunting for fallow deer, more than 10 hours with no luck!

I found two piebald animals and an albino pig. I've harvested loads of smaller fallow deer and red deer (mostly with the reverse xbow for low noise). But finding a fallow deer that meets this missions requirement might be beyond me.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

If you're shooting the first male you see every time a herd comes in that might be what's causing your difficulty with this. The larger males will always be following behind a group. Sometimes pretty far behind. They're either following the group from a distance or they're off roaming on their own. Keep calling and calling, bring a bunch of them in and don't shoot until you get the one you're after under your tree stand. The animal required for a mission is guaranteed to be in the game. If you're shooting the first few you see you're probably spooking the one you need for the mission.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

The chocolate 155+ was the difficult one for me, he was the third male in the group I called in, so I would definitely use Bort's advice, it's a waiting game.

Return to “Missions”