"Keep the balance" mission is proving difficult

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Mattb85
Spotter

"Keep the balance" mission is proving difficult

Post by Mattb85 »

I'm struggling with "keep the balance" on Whiterim Ridge. The main struggle is trying to kill a moose with a bow/crossbow while its charging... I didn't even know moose in this game could charge! I had to watch some youtube videos before I believed it could even happen.

Been at it a while and all the moose just run. Even when I belly crawl up to them. I had one act like it almost wanted to charge but then just ran.
xOEDragonx

Re: "Keep the balance" mission is proving difficult

Post by xOEDragonx »

The easiest way to get a moose to charge is to target a female or very small male. Decent sized animals are often likely to spook before you get close enough to enter their "attack" range. Use proper camo for the reserve and belly crawl to get as close as possible. Stop frequently as you're approaching. It's even better if you can approach an animal from the front so that they walk up on you instead of you closing the final gap.

Whenever I want an animal to charge, I use the scent eliminator spray. It makes it almost effortless to crawl up on the females and small males.

If you do manage to get close enough undetected, the moose should turn towards you and make a huff sound. Sometimes they run at that point, but most of the time they'll charge. You want to get your bow ready when you hear the huff/grunt sound.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

Thanks,

I'll try more females, even the small males were just running.

edit: Yep, females were the ticket! Got the first one I tried after reading your advice. Thanks again!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I'm still trying to get past the thought that Matt hadn't been trampled by a moose yet! :lol:
Moose, buffalo, bears, puma... so many things here to kill you besides just being a klutz and falling down a mountain! :oops:

... and don't even get me started on those damned werewolves coming up! :shock:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

splainin2do wrote:I'm still trying to get past the thought that Matt hadn't been trampled by a moose yet! :lol:
Moose, buffalo, bears, puma... so many things here to kill you besides just being a klutz and falling down a mountain! :oops:

The female moose I got to charge was the first and last time I've seen a moose charge. I have lost many fights with gravity though! :lol:
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Mattb85 wrote:
splainin2do wrote:I'm still trying to get past the thought that Matt hadn't been trampled by a moose yet! :lol:

The female moose I got to charge was the first and last time I've seen a moose charge. I have lost many fights with gravity though! :lol:
If a bull moose isn't required (it is in the last moose mission), cows are the way to go. I've only had one bull charge me, and that was when I was trying to get one to charge for the last moose mission. But that might be because I usually stick them with an arrow before they can even think about charging me. I normally ignore the cows, so I've had a lot of them charge me, and I've even managed to dodge some of them. :lol:

Return to “Missions”