Fathers Day 2022 Comp

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
shooter19522

Fathers Day 2022 Comp

Post by shooter19522 »

Hey Guys,
Loving the Fathers Day competition but where are all the Antlers?
Is there a secret to finding Antlers or do you just run around & look?
Elk & Whitetail Antlers must be still on the deers heads as I can't find any anywhere on the ground.
Can anyone help please?
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: Fathers Day 2022 Comp

Post by Dr_ViEr »

These two have also been, my last. I chose Whitehart to combine it with coyote hunting. It was really hard especially because in the morning in my daily mission both of them were lying just next to tower 12. Once the mission was started al I found were blacktail antlers (4 sets) and a lot if mushrooms.
I would recommend to set the optical settings to minimum and run along the roads, spending special attention to the clearings
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

BTW, once I had the WT-antler, I found 2 more.
Spoiler:
shooter19522

Post by shooter19522 »

Dr_ViEr wrote:These two have also been, my last. I chose Whitehart to combine it with coyote hunting. It was really hard especially because in the morning in my daily mission both of them were lying just next to tower 12. Once the mission was started al I found were blacktail antlers (4 sets) and a lot if mushrooms.
I would recommend to set the optical settings to minimum and run along the roads, spending special attention to the clearings
So you found them on the roads or next to Tower 12?
I have been running the roads on Whitehart for 3 hours with no success.
Also tried all of the towers & surroundings. :x
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

In the morning both were on the clearing next to the tower. During the mission I came three times to that spot. All I found was a set of BT-antlers. In the end I found the 1st WT- antlers in the northwest of the southern island and the elk-antler west of tower 6. But I don't think there are preferred places to find them.
After having found all the BT, I was close to switching to Settler Creeks, as there is only WT and Elk to find. No idea if that will increase the amount of antlers. But running one cycle might be a chance.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Antlers appear completely random. Best chances are to take a car and drive along open areas such as roads or shores. It's fun.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

There's usually plenty of antlers around. Everyone who was hunting on WRR for example had certainly found at least several every hunt. That's because they are very easy to spot on white snow obviously. Other reserves had same amount of antlers, but it's much harder to spot them. So trick is to roam places where it's easier to do so.

How others have already said, low complexity helps to see them from far away. For Fallow deer, I just run on the fields where it's easier to see them on flat surface. For Elk and Whitetail I just walk (or run) along the river in RFF and look on other bank of it. It shouldn't take very much time that way.

Return to “Missions”