Last Ptarmigan Mission

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Mafagafo

Last Ptarmigan Mission

Post by Mafagafo »

Harvest an airborne Rock Ptarmigan with a score of 600 or higher shot at under 20 meters.

Why is this objective so hard? I've killed more than 60 already and my all time highest score is only 599.80. I've been stuck on this for so long and I haven't even tried the objectives requiring the other two ptarmigan species but I suspect it's not as hard because I already killed specimens with those scores.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Re: Last Ptarmigan Mission

Post by mel_o_mel »

It took me over 100 harvests to get one scoring over 600. I remember being extremely relieved that it wasn't one of the ones that made it past 20 meters before I got it. And yeah, that's one of the missions that could probably use some adjustment like dropping the score down 590 or even 580.

Keep with it and good luck--I hope you get it during a high score/weight comp and get a double reward :!:
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

It's just luck, and IMO a 600+ rock is much more common than a sub 500 willow...

With higher spotting skill this mission will be done quicker.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Brutus969 wrote:It's just luck, and IMO a 600+ rock is much more common than a sub 500 willow...

With higher spotting skill this mission will be done quicker.
I agree, I'm at the third time doing that mission (willow P. missing). 1st and 3rd time, rock P. was done within the first 3 birds shot, but the second time it took me over 60. In the end I shot every lower scoring with the air rifle to get rid of them.
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”