Mission Help Wanted/Offered

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
BillieElizabeth

Re: Mission Help Wanted/Offered

Post by BillieElizabeth »

Thank you!!!

I know I just asked a question, but for the "Taking The King" Mission, is there a specific species of elk I need? Also, is there a specific map to be on?
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BillieElizabeth wrote:I know I just asked a question, but for the "Taking The King" Mission, is there a specific species of elk I need? Also, is there a specific map to be on?
I think you mean "Taking Down The King" don't you? If so, it must be a Roosevelt Elk, but the reserve does not matter: Whitehart Island, Settler Creeks, or Redfeather Falls will all work, but it must be a Roosevelt Elk bull. Those missions were written before the Rocky Mountain Elk was added to the game, but that whole Mission Pack is for Roosevelt Elk only!!
BillieElizabeth

Post by BillieElizabeth »

Yes! Taking The King!
Thank you so much for the info! Ill remember it in the future!
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

jttoo wrote:
BillieElizabeth wrote:Was wondering for the mission where you have to spot a buck and doe from a hunting tower (The Spotter, Pt. 1) , if there was a specific location?
I spotted both Buck and Doe from Red Feather Falls and the mission wasn't completed.
Use the Towers on lower Whitehart island, as whitetail are down there, or the north tower on Loggers Point.
The Spotter 1 & 2 missions for Whitetail Deer do not have a location or reserve requirement. They can be done anywhere on any reserve.

You have to be in a tower when you spot them for part 1 and the shot you fire at the Buck for part 2 has to be taken, and hit it, while you're in a tower.
Nothing else matters other than you have to be in a tower when you do it.

jttoo's location suggestions are good ones to go to to try completing this mission. Go to one of those towers and stay in it. Use the bleat or grunt caller to call in some whitetail's.
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

BillieElizabeth wrote:Was wondering for the mission where you have to spot a buck and doe from a hunting tower (The Spotter, Pt. 1) , if there was a specific location?
I spotted both Buck and Doe from Red Feather Falls and the mission wasn't completed.
Another important factor about this mission, in addition to what others have said, is the buck has to be spotted first before you spot the doe. If the doe was spotted before, spotting it again will not count. As well, if you spot any of the deer on the ground before you get in the tower, they cannot be used to complete this mission.

So you must spot a new buck, then spot a new doe
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

This mission requires you to spot a buck first. If you spotted a doe before, it won't count even if you spot it again when task 1 completes. It must be a doe after the buck that you haven't yet spotted.

The location should not matter.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have completed all the missions except for 2:
" Harvest a male Sitka scoring at least 100 with a single heart shot from less than 20m (approx. 65 ft). Any ethical handgun.
Found only 1 scoring over 100 in many hours over the last 4-5 days and missed the heart. I am still continuing on that one hoping to find one.

* Harvest an airborne female Gadwall with the .22 pistol Grasshopper. Single shot, no scope.
I have tried this one a few times, Gadwalls are hard to come by and when they do I can't get one female in the air. I am 77 and I have MS. So my reaction time is not good at all, I get frustrated and stress. I have to end the hunt as stress is your worse enemy when you have MS.

Any help on those two missions will be greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance

Clem

PS. One good friend helped me to get the Pintail with the bow. That's another one I couldn't do.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Got one female gad down.
jack30286
pw 1234
Spoiler:
ClemD
Scout