I created a Mission Item Tool web app

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Brutus969
Scout

Re: I created a Mission Item Tool web app

Post by Brutus969 »

T3RRYSAMA wrote:Hi, I wanna thank you for your tool, it is very useful. I only see two points to fix or add:
1) The .44 revolver and .44 magnum are two different handguns, and your tool only has one.
2) You must consider include in the list of buy ítems the upgrade " Increased Capacity" because critics have it.
Glad you like it! It was a deliberate choice to only list the cheapest version of each item - if you wish to spend more on a different skin, that is at your discretion. Any .44 can be used for all the magnum missions.

And whilst everyone highly recommends the increased capacity upgrade - it is not required for any mission.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

T3RRYSAMA

Post by T3RRYSAMA »

Hi, thank you for your reply.
I bought a .44 magnum because I understand that is the weapon required by the missions and the other does not count... my bad. I guide me by https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Missions and when I read “Harvest Whitetail Deer Buck using a .44 Magnum Revolver.” I searched .44 magnum in the store. =(
But without the increased capacity upgrade you can't carry and use Deployable Items, or I'm wrong?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

T3RRYSAMA wrote:But without the increased capacity upgrade you can't carry and use Deployable Items, or I'm wrong?
I think you mean you can't carry the deployable items and weapons & ammo & callers, or everything that is needed for the mission at the same time.

However, you can just carry the deployable, then go back for the rest of the items.

Or, you could just carry a tent, set up the tent, then setup the deployable & go back to the tent for weapons, etc...
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Hey guys I've added a Permitted Ammo Tool now as well. I've tried to make it as easy to use as possible, minimal clicks etc. I think it's less effort to use than other tools I've seen. Check it out.

https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/PermittedAmmo/

Hovering highlights related items, and clicking also highlights them but in a different way, meaning you can essentially view the permitted species for 2 ammos at once (and vice versa) for example. The only real filter is by clicking a reserve.

And like I said increased capacity upgrade is not required for any mission but of course makes things easier. You stand to make at least 128k from missions with starting weapons anyway...I'd be surprised if you didn't buy it!
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Just made a nice update to the mission item tool. You can now synchronise mission progress bookmarks immediately by copying and pasting your missions page into a textbox and clicking a button. As well as see earnings so far based on bookmarks. And the permitted ammo tool now shows you other ammo with the same permitted species when you hover/click an ammo. FYI

DiligentBeast

Post by DiligentBeast »

Brutus969 wrote:Just made a nice update to the mission item tool. You can now synchronise mission progress bookmarks immediately by copying and pasting your missions page into a textbox and clicking a button. As well as see earnings so far based on bookmarks. And the permitted ammo tool now shows you other ammo with the same permitted species when you hover/click an ammo. FYI
You are doing an amazing job. I use this tool in every session. Now with permitted ammo and the quick sync its excellent. Think the only thing left is a quick lookup for species. Like max weight and trophy worthy score. Then i would nearly not need the wiki open. Just starting a new job next monday so ill shoot you a tip for your effort when my pay comes In. Good work.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

DiligentBeast wrote:You are doing an amazing job. I use this tool in every session. Now with permitted ammo and the quick sync its excellent. Think the only thing left is a quick lookup for species. Like max weight and trophy worthy score. Then i would nearly not need the wiki open. Just starting a new job next monday so ill shoot you a tip for your effort when my pay comes In. Good work.
Thank you mate - now hovering over animals in the permitted ammo tool shows scoring range and max weight info. As tax worthy scores are subjective though, I've chosen not to include them.

DiligentBeast

Post by DiligentBeast »

Brutus969 wrote:
DiligentBeast wrote:You are doing an amazing job. I use this tool in every session. Now with permitted ammo and the quick sync its excellent. Think the only thing left is a quick lookup for species. Like max weight and trophy worthy score. Then i would nearly not need the wiki open. Just starting a new job next monday so ill shoot you a tip for your effort when my pay comes In. Good work.
Thank you mate - now hovering over animals in the permitted ammo tool shows scoring range and max weight info. As tax worthy scores are subjective though, I've chosen not to include them.
I use the trophy values that are on the main animal page of the wiki if I get one at that or over it gets a tax. Then only if it's bigger than the last do I tax. But yes it Is down to your own judgment. Good work and thanks again.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Now tax values and fur variations are in the Permitted Ammo Tool, and the Mission Item Tool has an agenda feature - you can see at a glance all the missions you can currently do for the chosen reserve (assuming your bookmarks are up to date). Now it's even less effort to use. This means the map filter has now been updated to include all missions, not just the weapon pack missions.

T3RRYSAMA

Post by T3RRYSAMA »

Hi, first of all, thank you for your tool, it is indispensable. The Agenda is ideal for multiplayer hunting, where a friend had a reserve initiated and you joined.
I want to propose adding a useful function to your tool to make the Earns column more accurate: ¿can you subtract the missions already completed to earns?
In some cases, missions are completed with friend help who has guns or items required and I don't buy it at all, and the earnings shown are not the real for this situation. Think about it =).
Thanks again for your time, greetings.

Return to “Missions”