Magpie Goose Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: help?kill magepie geese with compound

Post by Hawkeye »

montana wrote:Any body have secrate to kill magpie geese with compound bow in missions.
Merged with "Magpie Goose Missions" topic
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: help?kill magepie geese with compound

Post by Hawkeye »

montana wrote:Any body have secrate to kill magpie geese with compound bow in missions.
Merged with Magpie Goose Missions topic
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Magpie Goose Missions

Post by stancomputerhunter »

It can't be done unless there are several people shooting at the same time, and another person calling. You cannot physically toot the short range caller that is required to get them to come close to the blind, then switch to a compound bow, raise it, and aim, and fire fast enough. You can do all of those things, but with ZERO target acquisition. By the time you have the bow up, the goose is gone, behind you. The person who designed this objective never did it in SP mode. It's impossible.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I also tried the mission nr. 10 and I must say that it is an absurd thing.
The behavior of the goose is completely different from that of Canada's goose.
If someone could show a video to understand how to catch the goose with the compound bow would be great.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

stancomputerhunter wrote:It can't be done unless there are several people shooting at the same time, and another person calling. You cannot physically toot the short range caller that is required to get them to come close to the blind, then switch to a compound bow, raise it, and aim, and fire fast enough. You can do all of those things, but with ZERO target acquisition. By the time you have the bow up, the goose is gone, behind you. The person who designed this objective never did it in SP mode. It's impossible.
fantamichele wrote:I also tried the mission nr. 10 and I must say that it is an absurd thing.
The behavior of the goose is completely different from that of Canada's goose.
If someone could show a video to understand how to catch the goose with the compound bow would be great.

I just slapped my blind where the geese were normally landing and this is how easy it can be. No short caller used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apKJOOy ... e=youtu.be
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Andhii wrote:I just slapped my blind where the geese were normally landing and this is how easy it can be. No short caller used.
Thanks for the video, I'm going to try now :)
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Ok, mission ended, thanks for the video, it was very useful to understand the advance to be given to the arrow. ;)
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Been working on it for a week. Over 100 shots..no hits.
First 30 arrows and no Cigar. Thanks for the video Andhii, great job. :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Andhii wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:It can't be done unless there are several people shooting at the same time, and another person calling. You cannot physically toot the short range caller that is required to get them to come close to the blind, then switch to a compound bow, raise it, and aim, and fire fast enough. You can do all of those things, but with ZERO target acquisition. By the time you have the bow up, the goose is gone, behind you. The person who designed this objective never did it in SP mode. It's impossible.
I just slapped my blind where the geese were normally landing and this is how easy it can be. No short caller used.
Well done.

Geese are obviously slowed way down in the rain. I don't play this game in the rain. As soon as it starts raining, I'm done. Be happy to set up a MP game and have you do that for me. No way I can do that.

They have no normal landing spot for me. All over the place.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

stancomputerhunter wrote: Be happy to set up a MP game and have you do that for me. No way I can do that.

They have no normal landing spot for me. All over the place.
I can host a game and you try to shoot one, if no result I can try aswell. Earliest I can play is monday, PM me what time would be good for you.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."

Return to “Missions”